X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

HT Guide club in Playstation "Home"

For those that don't know, invitations are going out now for people to Beta-test the new application "Playstation Home" on the PS3. This is fairly highly anticipated.

"Home" is a virtual, online, social application where you control a virtual avatar, walking around interacting and talking with other people. You can also visit locations, like the movie theater, to watch films, or play games online.

I've created a private club for us there, called "HT Guide". (with a space between the T and G, but no quotes) You can go and chat real-time with other HT Guide members. There's a clubhouse that I've just started to decorate.

So if you're a Beta tester, go check out the HT Guide club. "Home" should be publicly released by the end of the year, so when it does, everybody should go check out our club!
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

How does one obtain an invite?
    Danish

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Sony's sending out Beta invites to some people. I think I got one just because I downloaded a "Home Beta" PS3 theme a few months ago, which automatically applied for Beta testing.

I wouldn't worry too much--Sony keeps insisting that the public release will be out this month anyway. For everybody.
      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

By the time you read this, the public release should be out for Playstation "Home". I'm not sure yet how Sony is going to have you download it--possibly an overall firmware update, but I'm guessing it will show up in the Playstation Store.

Not sure yet if/when Sony is going to reset "Home", with all the clubs and spaces that have been created. So until they do so, the HT Guide club is still open.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Playstation Home just came out. Apparently, you'll see the icon in your XMB automatically, (should be right next to the Playstation store) and when you click on it, it will start a 3 GB download.

Everyone jump in! Sony has launched the Open Beta for PlayStation Home. The program icon will automatically appear in your …

Have fun, we'll see you there!

EDIT: For previous users of Home, it looks like it's only a 13MB download, but you have to re-download some of the locations like the Central Plaza and mall. Previous personal spaces are still there, as well as all previous belongings and clothing.

However, clubs have been reset. Sony now wants $4.99 to start a club, and says that sometime in the future (no earlier than Mar 09) they will also start charging recurring fees. So we need to talk about whether anyone would use the club, fo real-time live chat, cooperative gaming, etc.
          Last edited by Chris D; 12 December 2008, 04:11 Friday.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Alloroc
            Super Senior Member
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
            Playstation Home just came out. Apparently, you'll see the icon in your XMB automatically, (should be right next to the Playstation store) and when you click on it, it will start a 3 GB download.

Everyone jump in! Sony has launched the Open Beta for PlayStation Home. The program icon will automatically appear in your …

Have fun, we'll see you there!

EDIT: For previous users of Home, it looks like it's only a 13MB download, but you have to re-download some of the locations like the Central Plaza and mall. Previous personal spaces are still there, as well as all previous belongings and clothing.

However, clubs have been reset. Sony now wants $4.99 to start a club, and says that sometime in the future (no earlier than Mar 09) they will also start charging recurring fees. So we need to talk about whether anyone would use the club, fo real-time live chat, cooperative gaming, etc.
            Brilliand! Will donwload mine sooh - am on day off today! Bit just one small correction.... The blog says....

"The program icon will automatically appear in your XMB, but will require you to reserve 3GB of space to download. The download itself is only 77mb. Keep in mind that the download may be a bit slow as there are 14 million other PS3 users trying to gain access to Home today."

See you there!
            Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Alloroc
              Super Senior Member
              • Dec 2005

Downloaded and installed. Bricks my machine every time I launch. Not good!
              Vincent.

Comment

• joetama
                • May 2006

I searched for it but it doesn't return anything under "ht guide" or even "HT"
                -Joe

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Right. All clubs have been erased with the public Beta release, so we have to start over with new clubs. (and pay for them) So we need to talk about whether anyone would want an HT Guide club, which doesn't exist yet in the current release.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Alloroc
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Dec 2005

Apparently NA and Japan got all the good servers. Us euros are experiencing mayhem with this service and software.

A question.... when you 'quit' home does it return you to the xmb or does crash your PS3?
                    Vincent.

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Yeah, it's never crashed my system, just returned me to the desktop, or whatever it's called.

There's been a couple of times when loading that Home has frozen up, but just quitting from the PS button got me back to the desktop just fine, and then I was able to restart Home.
                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Alloroc
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Dec 2005

OMG what a mess. I had to master reset my PS3 to fix it. Not only did Home cause my mayhem above, it also stopped playing disk based Games, BD and DVDs :E . A number of euro 60gb owners having this problem too. Most everyone thought the whole thing bricked for good. A fix was posted - with an advisory not to restore the previous session. All my settings and apps and what not all gone!!!! Did fix the problem of playback - thank God!

Wonder was it Home or 2.53 the new update that caused this? Either way, I'm really reluctant to give Home another go until I hear of better s/w.

Never had so much as a peep out if it before too!
                        Last edited by Alloroc; 16 December 2008, 06:12 Tuesday.
                        Vincent.

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

Yikes--yeah, problem for our Euro PS3 brothers.
                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"