X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

Mac Computer and Spyware / Virus Protection

So, I am starting to get more comfortable with the new Macbook laptop computer although there are still some things I havent gotten used to yet.

One of the things I am unsure of is the whole Spyware and virus issue. For years I have used the oft used Spybot and Adaware combination for all of the PC I use, but neither one of those suport Mac. So, my question is, does anyone know of any free spyware and virus protection that does support Mac? I assume no computer surfing the net is safe from these issues regardless of it's operating system?
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

You could try something like this...

Effective, trusted anti-virus and malware scanner for macOS

But other than that, there's not much reason for Anti-virus stuff, since hardly anyone uses MAC stuff. ha ha.

Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

There are anti-virus proggies available for Mac, but other than for preventing a Mac user from passing viruses on to Windows users via shared files, there isn't that much of a need because very few viruses and trojans exist on the Mac platform.

Spyware, same thing. Very little, if any, exists in the Mac world.

Comment

• Foxman
        • Jan 2003

Great to hear, it is just sooooo odd not running Adaware and spybot once every week or two.

Thanks Guys, Merry Christmas!
        IMO

My Movies
        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"