X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Good luck getting a Xbox 360...

Seems that MS (whether inadvertantly or not) won't have the amount of consoles they originally promised retailers... So a lot of places that placed orders for 100 - 200 are only getting 25 - 50 (both Premium and Core).

Figures that MS shafts people this way... I'd have been one to make sure that there were enough consoles... but that's just me...

Hopefully it's not a ploy to get everyone to rush out and try to get one and cause mass hysteria to those that didn't pre-order.

I can't decide if I'm going to do the "walmart" thing at midnight or wait in line at a store... I want the system (I think)... I'm just not sure if I want to go nuts about trying to get one...or just wait and see what happens...

I really just want the system for Need for Speed (though I wish it was the Black Edition), Project Gothem Racing and Call of Duty 2.

Course it's probably better to just wait it out. The only thing I know is I want to get an xbox360 controller so I can use it on the PC for games (since they are finally bringing good games out for the PC that can run at high resolutions and match the strengths of the consoles)...

Bah, why can't there just be a ton of systems so we can all pick and choose what we want!

Anyone else in a dilemma situation like me?
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I have one preordered at Future Shop.
    So hopefully I get one.
    It's is for Christmas, so there is no rush.

If the qty's are limited,,I bet we will se them go up at E-Bay
    at some ridiculiously high prices.:M
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

When is the intro date?
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Joelp
        • Nov 2004

Nov 22nd,

We're all pretty excited about it here at EA, I've worked on a bunch of the next gen games, and they look awesome!

personally, I'm waiting for PS3 with it's blu-ray drive.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

It's is for Christmas, so there is no rush.
          Actually, yes there is, Dec 25 is the rush date. :lol:
          Doug

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Yeah some places were saying that people that were pre-ordered in positions 100+ won't get their's before the first of the year (maybe)...

That's dumb, I mean to have a shortage greater than the PS2 release...in this day and age...

I'm thinking I'm gonig to wait on the system and get a 2nd or 3rd gen. release of it, so all the bugs are worked out of the first release... something about rushed systems I don't like. Course my PS2 which I got on release day... hasn't failed me yet and it's fallen on the floor and everything... :/

I don't know...seems like shady business by MS. Especially if they sent a lot of our 360s to Japan... I mean their release date isn't until the 10th or later...

Oh well. I still can't decide if I want to go try to get one or not... :/

Might get it and sell it for a profit.
            -Dan

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

I probably won't, as I don't have much time for games any way. Fact is, I have not used the one I have to much.
              Doug

Comment

• PewterTA
                • Nov 2004

I'm the same way, I get into spirts where I want to play games, then I don't for a while and will watch movies or every once in a while TV, listen to music. It's like a circle I keep going around in. ha ha.

I'm thinking I might go and do it, what the heck, got PLENTY of time off work I can take at any moment's notice...would be something fun to say I did. lol.
                -Dan

Comment

• cinema bob
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by PewterTA
                  Especially if they sent a lot of our 360s to Japan...
                  doubt that that is the reason, the xbox was/is a total flop in japan. the buzz on the 360 in japan is not that great and most analysts are not looking for great sales there.

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Yeah, we had every major gaming platform when my daughter was growing up, and we had a blast with them, true enough. Nintendo was big, Original, then 64, PS I. The Xbox for me was as much to try and capture that one more time before my daughter was completely grown. I play them strong for a while, then fall out of suite with them. I am sorry to say I had games I did not even open for Xbox, and several of them. We did have some real fun with some though.

For me now though, it is partially the time. I just don't have enough time!
                    Doug

Comment

• Azeke
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2003

Like Lex, I enjoy my X-Box, but just don't have the time to play it, because you really need to master the game and that requires hours. I consider myself a novice, and just can't dedicate hours and hours of time. I play with my son and daughter, just for family fun. I usually buy the games on sell play them a few times and then shelf them.

I orginally want to upgrade to the Xbox 360, but thought, hey I can get something better for Christmas, some other electronic item. I'm open for suggestions, btw

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by cinema bob
                        doubt that that is the reason, the xbox was/is a total flop in japan. the buzz on the 360 in japan is not that great and most analysts are not looking for great sales there.
                        Probably the reason Microsoft cut back numbers here..

If it was a flop in Japan...

Now if they release 1000000 here, and dont sell out or only sell 400000... it looks bad...

Now if they say they are short numbered... create panic... release only 400000... and with that panic, those 400000 sell out... looks much better doesnt it. :lol:

I may pick one up and flip it for a profit to that ebayer that just has to have it!
                        B&W

Comment

• PewterTA
                          • Nov 2004

Well I decided to be one of the people that will wait in line to get one. I'm actually getting two (my sister is going with me to pick one up as well)...so hopefully there will be enough and not much of a line.

I'm really liking that there's been basically no press on this system... hopefully the "panic" will be kept to a minimum. That and hopefully getting to the store a little bit early will allow me to get one. I figure I need something to do over this holiday break. :T :rofl:
                          -Dan

Comment

• RenoReno2
                            • Jan 2005

Good Luck, there was about 50 people in tents already at 5pm tonight

Comment

• PewterTA
                              • Nov 2004

I know... I hear ya...

That's just insane... I mean don't you have enough of a life to try to get one of these.... at little bit later?

I mean this isn't like the PS2 launch where they ran out of memory chips and couldn't make them...so it was like 4 or 5 months later for shipments...

Microsoft has said they will steadily keep flooding the market, so you'll probably see shipments of 10 - 50 hit all the stores every week.

I got too lazy and said F' trying to go wait in line. ha ha.
                              -Dan

Comment

• PewterTA
                                • Nov 2004

Well I went and stood in line for about 2 hours, I was #15 in line and the store (Circuit S*#$y) only had 12 (premium and 3 core). I can't believe people took the core systems. Are people that depesperate that they'll spend all the extra cash (above and beyond the 100 more for the premium).

The only funny thing is on a lot of the Xbox forums... TONS of people are having over heating problems! HA HA HA. Oh well. I'd probably be one of those people if I had gotten one...that's the way my luck runs....

Oh well, now I'll just wait till the second or third generation of them when most of that stuff is fixed.

The more I thought about it, my PC can connect to my 50" DLP... I can just play the same games (IE Need for speed -- except black edition) on it with my Xbox 360 9' wired controller I use. Hmmm I cheap Xbox 360.... I think so! lol.
                                -Dan

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

I got mine today , thanks to my Pre-Order Deposit.
                                  So , it is put away for Christmas.

Lot's of line-ups everywhere..
                                  Everybody sold out within minutes of store openings.
                                  The demand is extremely high!:yesnod:
                                  Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Daryl Furkalo
                                    • Feb 2002

My pre-order from Futureshop online showed up this morning. Online retailers are probably the best bet to get one.

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"