X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kemp
    • Nov 2003

Intel 865 PERL

Recently i had to replace my MB and the guys replaced it with this one. I have noticed when it boots up there is like a static noise coming through the speakers just as it does the final things with XP. When i listen to music there is also a lot of "clicks" inbetween. I spoke to another friend of mine who also has an Intel and the same problem. Is this the MB's fault or just a setting? I will be adding an external amp and speakers at the end of the month and was wondering if it is the MB, if it would make a difference if i add a DAC between the pc and the amp?

Thanks
    Marius
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Did you reinstall XP after swapping out your motherboard? If you switched between makes/models/versions of motherboards, the OS won't have the correct drivers for the new motherboard.

Comment

• Kemp
      • Nov 2003

Yes,
      I reinstalled XP and the updates. I am not sure if there is a driver that I need to update for the motherboard.

Thanks
      Marius

Comment

• basementjack
        • Dec 2004

hey Kemp,

sometimes thats interrupt related - make sure you have both the latest MB drivers and audio drivers - you can find both on intels website.

It's likely interrupt related if it co-incides with other activity (moving the mouse, network io, etc...

If you are willing to invest money to fix it, look at the sound blaster audigy(2?) series cards - they'll have better s/n ratios than built in sound, plus reviews show that the built in sound gives about a 5-8% performance hit, so upgrading to an audigy will give you better performance too. most of the cards are internal, but they offer an external USB version.

- Jack

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"