.ISO file converstion for DVD player (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS)? What programs do this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

.ISO file converstion for DVD player (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS)? What programs do this?

Hello,

On of the projects I've been working on with my new HTPC is "backing-up" up DVD's and home movies to DVD I am burning. I have a few dozen .iso files which I understand is an image fileof the DVD. However, my DVD player won't read this. Using DVDShrink or another program can I convert the .ISO image to the directory format that DVD Player look for. I think the folder names used on most DVD's are standard folders called VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS.

Ona side note, does anyone know if s-video cables carry sound of do I need an additional RCA type hook up when using S-Video?

Thanks.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Ona side note, does anyone know if s-video cables carry sound of do I need an additional RCA type hook up when using S-Video?
    No the only video cable that also carries audio is an RF Coax cable like those that you'd use on a VCR.

As for ISO's they're a way of distributing a clone of a CD in a single file. For a HTPC you'd need to unpack it into the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders somehow. Nero might be able to do that for you as I know it can read ISO files.

For a HTPC though you'd be better of just using DVDShrink to copy your DVD's to your hard drive and then use a software DVD player to play them back.

Comment

• Britchie
      • Nov 2003

Thanks for the info. I am using DVD shrink. DVD Shrink created the .iso files by default. I looked under the preferences and didn't see anything that would create the windows sub-folders instead of the image file (.iso). I must be missing something but can't seem to find the setting in DVD Shrink. Does anyone know how to change the back-up setting to "create subfolders" instead of .iso which is the default?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
          • Aug 2004

Well maybe the burning software you have is not Nero, you could burn those files with Nero, and DVD Shrink you must have a Nero software. Here's an answer to your question.

and check this one too.

Explanining what the term ISO means, with examples and more information.

and this.

Large selection of reviewed shareware and freeware software.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"