X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Halo2 for XBox

Just went and got Halo2 this morning @ Best Buy. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. Best Buy had a store opening from midnight to 1:00a.m. just for this event, and sold 600 copies within that time frame. Glad I got mine copy early this morning.

I heard this game is beastly on line.

Can't wait until the children and significant other go to bed.

Anyway just thought I would start this thread, any comment or suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Azeke
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

I'm jealous .

Comment

• NMG
      • Oct 2004

You know, I just can't seem to get into the first person shooter style of games, whether it's Halo, James Bond or whatever. Just doesn't do it for me.

Maybe I'm old school, but I like the third person view much better. I'd love to see an XBOX designed remake of Shinobi

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bent
        I'm jealous .
        Don't be, I will provide an update later 8) .

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Bent
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2003

It's funny, but in spite of the techno-marvel of HAlO, and as good as I find the game, it doesn't quite pull off that erie feeing I'd get when palying the old sharware version of DOOM - which used to be able to make me think there was someone else waiting in the shadows of the room and wanting to "get me" :E

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
            • Aug 2004

I have been playing this game all day, and it's pretty awesome!!! Now I have to wait on Half-Life 2 on the 16th,frankly HALO 2 made over $100 Million in sales for 1 day, not bad for Bungie. :T :T

Comment

• Shane Martin
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2001

Wow this game is amazing.

One thing I will mention is there is a nice bug in the game right now.

If you own a widescreen non fixed panel device to game on, it will crop the left of the screen a bit on progressive mode. I'm not sure if this affects non progressive yet.

Minor annoyance but I can make due.

Comment

• Bent
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2003

Shane, not to be critical, but are you sure it's the game?
                Have you confirmed it with a DVD player in interlaced vs progressive?

(FWIW, my HighDef decoder crops the left side a bit too).

My appologies Shane, you are correct - It seems the Bungie forums are all abuzz with this problem too - the game screen apparently doesn't overscan, but the HUD does.... hmmm.

Comment

• Cowanrg
                  • Feb 2004

i actually had to correct that same issue in the service menu on my tv...

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

I didn't get the Halo2 game. Still haven't played the first one actually.
                    However, i picked up the Crystal Edition Xbox which came with Fable and Crimson skies.:T

Shane, You have a RPTV problem likely.:yesnod:
                    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Shane Martin
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Apr 2001

Shane, You have a RPTV problem likely
                      LIkely its overscan but its apparant on every RPTV that it's been played on. I'm positive its a screwup.

Comment

• Jurgen
                        • Jul 2003

Maybe I'm old school, but I like the third person view much better. I'd love to see an XBOX designed remake of Shinobi
                        You DID play Ninja Gaiden, right??? :T :drool:

Tomorrow Halo 2 will be released officially over here and my silver special edition is already waiting for me :twisted:

Jurgen

Comment

• Shane Martin
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Apr 2001

Bungie is looking into the Widescreen problem.

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

That's unreal that there is such a problem.
                            Maybe they will release a patch.
                            Good thing the Xbox in our living rooms have hard drives.:T
                            A good way to get everybody to sig up for Xbox live as well.:huh:
                            Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

Since I've purposefully NOT bought a gaming system to prevent me from using up even more of my time, I don't think I'll be playing Halo 2 as I don't think they're making it for the PC. But maybe I'll get to try Halflife 2. Who knows... I still have Unreal Tournament 2004 and Deus X 2 to play here, when I get time.
                              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                              - Pleasantville

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
                                • Sep 2003

Ive been playing it since we got home from EB at 1:30am Tuesday morning.

Our Lan party is starting to lose steam, sleep deprivation will do that to ya :E All 6 of us are pretty wiped out, I dont think we will make it to Sunday morning.

Ive logged about 30 hours worth online and about 10 for single player, and another 15 or 20 for system link wars.

The game rocks, and it sold 2.4 million the first day just in the us and canada :T

Not a single stutter online. It keeps scanning for the person with the best connection and switches without a hiccup. 16 people. NO LAG! It is awesome. Bungie knows how to write good netcode, unlike Ubi which sucks at it.

I got the soundtrack and posters and shirts, gotta support my xbox!! :T

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
                                GameTracker -My List-
                                Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• ajpoe
                                  • Jul 2004

I just can't seem to get into the 3D shooters either... I'll stick to the sports games.

I used to love playing Descent (networked) against my brother and Doom, etc.... This sounds pretty sad, but I started getting motion sickness from Duke Nukem and haven't bothed playing those games since... (I'm not the only person this has happened to! lol). Speaking of old school online gaming, have any of you ever played Subspace (now called Continuum)? I don't get in there much at all anymore but used to play warzone and league all the time.

AJ
                                  AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2000

Got my copy today!!
                                    Likely it is going to wrapped for Christmas.
                                    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Cam McFarland
                                      • Jul 2004

I got mine on the 9th as well & finished it (in normal mode) by the
                                      16th. Game looks great.......several twists.....ending sucked, but
                                      set stage for HALO 3.

At the most difficult level (legendary), instead of increasing the
                                      number of attackers as in HALO 1, they are made ALMOST impossible
                                      to kill.....

Online, xboxlive is great, I played the original on the PC but had to
                                      get an xbox to play this one....although I git the adapter to still
                                      use my mouse & keyboard instead of the handheld controller... :T

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Aug 2000

So Halo 2 is the highest rated game for Xbox so far..
                                        It scored a 97 courtesy of Xbox Magazine.

CLUB XBOX
                                        Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
                                          • Sep 2003

some good scores from everyone..

1Up (10 / 10) - http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3136252&did=1
                                          Eurogamer Single Player Only (9 / 10) - http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57114
                                          GamePro (5 / 5) - http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xb...ews/39348.shtml
                                          GameSpot (9.4 / 10) - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/review.html
                                          GameSpy (5 / 5) - http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/halo-2/564301p1.html
                                          IGN (9.8 / 10) - http://xbox.ign.com/articles/557/557509p1.html
                                          Team Xbox (9.9 / 10) - http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/833/Halo-2/p1/
                                          X-Play (5 / 5) - http://www.g4techtv.com/xplay/featu...o_2_Review.html

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
                                          GameTracker -My List-
                                          Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

Working...
                                          😀
                                          😂
                                          🥰
                                          😘
                                          🤢
                                          😎
                                          😞
                                          😡
                                          👍
                                          👎
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"