X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willbrosk
    • Sep 2004

Sony kf-60we issues with dvd picture size

I hoping someone here can help a complete newb with a problem. When connecting a dvd player through either component or DVI input to my Sony KF-60WE610 the picture takes up the 1/3 center of the screen with black letterbox all around it. This occured with both the basic sony dvd player and the samsung 840 I have tried. I can zoom the picture to a decent size, but I figure there has to be a better solution. Not sure if this matters but I will be upgrading to a denon 1910 dvd player.
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

When connecting a dvd player through either component or DVI input to my Sony KF-60WE610 the picture takes up the 1/3 center of the screen with black letterbox all around it
    Is this dependent on what movie you watch or just all movies?

I'm thinking this is one of those "I'm still getting black bars on my new widescreen TV" type threads.

If so then we need to talk about aspect ratios.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Yeah, is it possible that disc is not anamorphic?

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• willbrosk
        • Sep 2004

well again Im a noob but it doesnt matter wether its wide screen dvd or not and the letter box is is top bottom and sides

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Actually it does matter if it's a non-anamorphic disc. Perhaps try some discs that you are sure are actually anamorphic and ensure that you have both the player and display set up correctly.

Jason
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"