X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R@p+0r
    • Dec 2004

16:9&DVD

Hello people! an other question

I have an Infocus 4805 with a pioneer 366. I know that i will never get a full sceen with dvd material, becuase of the anamorphic format.
    When i select 16:9 format on the PJ (I have selected 16:9 on the DVD), i see a "bigger" picture with DVD movies which are recorded in 4:3 than with movies in anamorphic. Why is this? and when I select real format on the PJ I get even a smaller picture.

Thanks
  • Jurgen
    • Jul 2003

Hi,

I’ve read your question a couple of times and I am not sure what you mean. I tend to think that you are comparing movies that are shot in 2.35:1 (anamorphic) versus a 4:3 movie which is being stretched to the sides (because of the 16:9 mode on the projector) therefore delivering a fuller picture(but also more distorted because the picture is wider than it should be). It is normal that movies in 2.35:1 (and most movies are shot in this format; LOTR for instance) still have black bars. Movies in 1.85:1 (like many Disney movies or, for instance, Spiderman 1) should fill the whole screen without distortion.

Hope this helps out,

Jurgen

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"