X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Cleaning the Screen

I was wondering what should I use to clean the protective screen on my RPTV?
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • goldear
    • Aug 2003

I've been using Endust for Electroincs to clean my screens for the last couple years. It's oil free, wax free and ammonia free. Supposedly, (as it states) it is made specifically for computer and TV screens...and other sensitive electronics. So far, I've encountered no problems and it leaves a streak-free picture.
    Chris B

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hmmmm, I would have never thought that Endust for Electronics would work in such an application. I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the tip goldear. :T
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• goldear
        • Aug 2003

No problem, John. Most manufacturers just suggest using a soft cloth that may be "slightly" dampened with mild soap for stubborn stains. If it's just dust, I'll usually use this method...or one of those disposable anti-static brushes work great (Swiffer, I think). But for those little oily, fingerprints that like to try and catch Nemo...the Endust comes in handy. I believe Office Depot also has some similar products as well specifically for monitors.
        Chris B

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Chris, are you using it on a protective screen on an RPTV? Those generally aren't glass - IIRC, more often than not they are a polycarbonate/plastic of some type. So, I'd be worried about the Endust reacting with - scarring, dulling, etc - the plastic....

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• goldear
            • Aug 2003

David,

I was actually concerned about the ingredients in this product (and the dulling that could occur) since they weren't listed...so I did call their consumer number before using it. According to the rep I spoke with, it is suppose to be safe for both glass and plastic-composite screens, as it even lists computers and non-glare laptop screens on the label...which many are now of the LCD quality. In fact, a quick Google shows that many normally, paranoid LCD users (when it comes to cleaning) have gone to Endust for their screens. That being said, I don't like to use any liquid on my screen and only use it on rare occasions. If anyone has heard anything differently, please let me know.
            Chris B

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"