X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Index pages not updating

We wring our hands that people are not visiting some areas or contributing to new threads that we start, but part of the problem may be that they are not aware that a particular area has had recent activity, and since it is a pain ot "open" each area just to find out, they skip over it, thus missing areas that might actually have something of interest, and we miss out on traffic and potential new posts.

I've noticed several times in the past few days that if I post to a thread, and then go back up to an index page via the highlighted accesss path (the underscored name of the area) the index page sometimes still shows the old message counts and dates. This is ESPECIALLY true of the main Forum page where it will show an earlier count even if I have been completely away from HT Guide by typing a different site URL in the address window and then coming back by retyping the HT Guide URL, or even closing the window and then re-initiating HY Guide in a new window. Hitting "Refresh" doesn't help. Is the program's cookie batter so sticky :>) that it won't let the Internet Explorer buffers flush to allow updating old pages to reflect the most recent activity?

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"