X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mml7
    • Jun 2002

Rotel 1066 software version

Could someone tell me what the current software revision for the RSP-1066 is? I've read that it's v1.37, but am really curious if the upgrade file name for 1.37 is similar to 1.35 ( e.g. X1066v137_xxxxx )

TIA

mike
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

1.37 is the current version but I haven't got a definative answer as to what improvements they made in 1.37 over 1.35.

Comment

• mml7
      • Jun 2002

Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. It's interesting; the first software revision I received (v1.35) was named x1066v135_20020419EX.bin. The one I just received from Rotel today was named x1066v140_20020611.bin. By the name of file, it would seem an as yet unannounced v1.40...? I didn't receive any documentation with the file, so I can't comment on what has changed.

Regardless, kudos to Rotel both for continuing to refine their products and for their responsiveness to their customers!

mike

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
      1.37 is the current version but I haven't got a definative answer as to what improvements they made in 1.37 over 1.35.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

can you please send me the 140 version?

Comment

• efarstad
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2001

Mike, Ditto for me too if it's not too much trouble! You da man!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

Comment

• greggz
            • Jun 2002

I emailed Rotel and asked what was new about 1.40. Here is the reply I received from Mike Sheehan...

The only change from previous versions on this is slightly improved surround steering information for 6.1/7.1 systems
            Also, I would caution about emailing updates around. I believe Rotel has the "request-receive" process in place because they must report those machines being updated to DD-EX to Dolby as part of their licensing agreement. If someone has already requested an update from Rotel then there is probably no harm in sending them the newer update. But, if someone has not ever contacted Rotel for an update it is probably best to have them touch base with Rotel at least once so that their name/unit is accounted for.

Gregg
            Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Good point re requesting the updates from Rotel and welcome to the HT Guide Gregg glad you could join us. I would love to make this forum the one place people can come to for 1066 info so if you have anything to share please feel free to help us realize that goal

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"