X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtodd
    • Dec 2001

Reference 20 upgrade

I was on the phone to B&K today about the Ref 20 upgrades. I asked about what the upgrade would give me. The response was every thing that the Ref 30 has except firewire (ie 1394) and component switching. This seems great until I asked the price. Which appears to be set at $899.

My question is this a reasonable price for the upgrade or should I sell my Ref 20 and look at buying either a Ref 30 or another manufactures product for with similar functionality.

May I preface any responses with the notion that I am very happy with the Ref 20 except I would have liked component switching and DVD-A support. Of which component switching is not part of the upgrade.
  • Mike V
    • Jan 2001

I don't think that is a bad price, I also own a REF 20 and would be willing to pay that just to upgrade the Processing chips and add the base management features.

I don't think you will be able to do well enough selling your 20, then adding the $900.00 to purchase a 30 somewhere.

Please post if you do have the upgrade done with comments on the process etc...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"