X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Gridiron Gang better than you may think

If you like a feel-good inspirational sports movie (based on true events) now and then like I do , then you'll enjoy Gridiron Gang. And don't pass it up because it stars The Rock because you are in for a pleasant surprise.

Dwane "The Rock" Johnson plays real life juvenile probation officer Sean Porter, who used the game of football as a way of teaching discipline, responsibility and self respect to teenage delinquents at his detention camp. These kids are mostly gang members and some are even killers. After serving their time these kids in the past have usually ended up back in prison or dead in the streets. But Porter's program turned that around with a high success rate that saw many of these kids go on to better things after prison.

The film deals with one season ( the first ) and Porter's ( The Rock's ) challenge to produce a competetive team against insurmountable odds. There is some excellent acting by the various kids, but the big surprise for me was The Rock himself. He show some very good acting chops here and shows that if given fairly decent material, he can be much more than an action star.

The PQ is not the best and the audio lacks punch, especially during the football hits, but overall the film is likeable and one I will watch again.

:35:
    My Homepage!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"