Anyone who can hook up a rotel unit to a computer... I need your help(Details inside)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • c3lica
    • Oct 2008

Anyone who can hook up a rotel unit to a computer... I need your help(Details inside)

I am having some trouble with my RT 1080 tuner. I am writing a program so it can interact with my computer but am having a hell of a time with it. I am getting all sorts of "junk" from the serial port and am unable to send any commands with success.

I bought my tuner used and am beginning to think that the computer IO on it may be broken. I would like to prove or disprove this as the problem so I can return the unit if necessary but more so just put my mind at ease.

So, If you have a windows machine and are willing to hook up a rotel unit to it I will write a program (or just give the one i am working if its for the rt1080) to see if my code/computer is the problem or if it is the unit.

If anyone is willing to participate please let me know and I will post the code. If you don't have Visual Studio 2008 I will see if I cant find someone like an admin to compile and to post an executable so you know I am not trying to distribute malicious software.

let me know. all help is greatly appreciated.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"