X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steel
    • Mar 2004

RSX 1050 and [Audio Physic] Tempo IV

I haven't posted in a long time because I have been so happy with the gear I purchased in 2004 with the help of some of you. I live in NYC and space in my apartment is at a premium. To make the best use of my limited space, I used wall mounted speakers. Thus, in my home theater (f/k/a as a dining room), I have a 1056 running 5 B&W FPMs and a Velodyne sub. In my music room (which my wife calls a living room), I have been running an RX-1050 with two B&W Signature SCMs (basically the 805s but wall mounted) and a Velodyne sub. For both, I use a 1055 for my cd player. Given my space limitations, this setup worked about as well as I could ask. Needless to say, it wasn't ideal.

The good news is that I'm moving. The better news is that it's to a bigger space. The best news is that I've gotten the green light from my wife to upgrade. And my droogies, upgrade I shall.

I will only have one audio space, which will have to double as a home theater and music listening room. I would like to use the 1056 for the surround and the 1050 for 2 channel stereo.

I've sold my SCM's and I want to replace them with something around $4000 that isn't too enormous. I have heard the [Audio Physic] Tempo IVs and I think they are tremendous. I did an A vs. B against the B&W 804s (the new ones) and I preferred the Tempos. I would like to use the Tempos as the L/R for HT, with an Audio Physic Yarra center and the 2 FPMs as the rears.

I have listened to the Tempos at the dealer through both (a) a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated amplifier and (b) a McIntosh 6900. Notwithstanding this heavy artillery, the salesman said the 1050 and 1056 were up to the task. I am less certain.

The question is whether either the 1056 or the 1050 are capable of driving the Tempos in either HT (1056) or 2 channel (1050). I don't even know how to go about figuring this out beyond requesting a fairly elaborate listening test. The sensitivity of the Tempos is 89 db and I understand that to mean that they are inefficient. Has anyone heard these speakers and/or can anyone help me understand if my dealer is correct in advising me that I do not need to change my amps. If I should upgrade my amps, what are my best choices?

As always, thanks for your help.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"