X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • viji
    • Sep 2003

Rotel 1066/1095 & Magnepan

Hello All:

I am new to this forum and this is my very first post. I have long been researching various options for upgrading my HT system which is a 4-year old, decent system (combination of Marantz SR-5000 receiver & Infinity Interlude speakers, and Sunfire Mark IV True subwoofer) to something at the high-end.

I will most probably get Rotel's highly acclaimed RMB-1095 power amplifier but am vacillating about the choice of processor. I was almost decided on the RSP-1066 but the introduction of the RSP-1098 and other models from Integra (DTC 9.4, $1999) and B&K (Ref50, $2999) have muddled the picture quite a bit.

Also, I am thinking of getting the Magnepan MG 1.6/QR speakers for the front right & left. I have two questions at this point:

(i) Is there anyone out there that uses the Maggies in conjunction with a Rotel amplifier. Is the RMB-1095 or RMB-1075 capable of driving the Maggies without clipping at peak loads. Because, the Maggies are a 4-ohm load and have the reputation of being very power hungry.

(ii) The second question is related more to loudspeaker matching. I am not planning on getting Magnepan's Center Speaker due to budget restrictions. I was wondering if I would be able to match up them with my existing Infinity Interlude Center. Often times, a lot is said about how the speakers in the HT system should all match up well together. But, I was wondering if, given all bass management that can be done from advanced processors like the 1098, it matters that much at all.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Regards,
    Viji
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"