X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guibara
    • Jan 2005

RSX1056 Questions/Issues - Newbie!

Hi there!!

I've had my Rotel 1056 for a couple of months now (firmware 1.1.7). I have it hooked up to 2 Quads 22L and an L series Centre channel only. I have my TV, Cable DVR box, my DVD and my AirTunes connected to it (audiowise all coaxial except for AirTunes that uses Optical). I have everything plugged in onto a Monster Cable Power Center. Here are my issues:

1) Hiss: I've read some posts and I believe I'm on the safe side. I do get some minor hissing thru my speakers but I can only hear it if I'm nomore than a foot away or so from them. This is normal right? I also wish the centre channel would be totally muted (no hissing) if I'm using just Stereo, though.

2) I've noticed I can hear some minor crackling thru the speakers when I turn the volume up/down... what's up with that?? Is that normal???? Is that the crackling people refers to in this forum???

3) I've noticed when I switched on the TV and I'm playing a CD thru my DVD player... I loose the sound for a second, as if I was changing the DSP setting or something, and I immediately get the usual message on the screen "44.1 kHz Digital blah blah" and the sound back in... ???? I don't get it. I should be able to listen to a CD and turn my TV on wihtout interruptions right?

That's alll for now. I wish I had a full 5.1 set up to fully assess the hissing and crackling issues, but oh well! I also wish I didn't have so much work so I could play around with the Rotel and discover all its virtues and defects!!

Thanks for your help!!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"