B&W with Nuforce/Spectron amps and Modwright/Aesthetix preamps?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffk
    • Jan 2008

B&W with Nuforce/Spectron amps and Modwright/Aesthetix preamps?

Over past 8 mths have totally upgraded my HT system, which also doubles as my serious 2 channel system. Now have B&W N803 mains, HTM? center, DS7 surrounds, Sunfire architectural sub, Sunfire TGA5200 amp, Sunfire TGP5 pre/pro, modded Denon 3930ci (modded by The Upgrade Company)

I am wondering how (and if) I can improve on the already wonderful 2 channel SQ. However, I can't fit, nor can deal with heat of, monster SS amps. So I'm considering Class D amps like Nuforce and Spectron, and dropping in a good 2 channel TUBE preamp with HT bypass to offset the amp's edginess. The preamps I am considering are the Modwright SWL 9.0 SE Signature, and the Aesthetix Calypso. I certainly would consider other recommendations as well. I am most likely going to buy used to increase value, so older discontinued models are fine.

My questions:

1) Has anyone had experience with or heard these class d amps driving B&W's (or another speaker)?
    2) Has anyone had experience with the preamps I mentioned?
    3) Would adding a good preamp be a small, middling or large improvement in 2 channel SQ over the Sunfire pre/pro?
    4) Is there a pre/pro that offers outstanding analogue 2 channel SQ equivalent to a 2 channel preamp? (heard the old Proceed AVP2 has a great analogue section, but there are still those that say no pre/pro can compare to a good dedicated 2 channel preamp)

Really look forward to your experiences and suggestions. Thanks much...Jeff
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 05 February 2009, 06:06 Thursday. Reason: Made more B&W Specific
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"