X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chin kwan
    • Jul 2006

ASW4000 owners, please help.

I have just purchased a ASW 4000 subwoofer on audiogon. I am generally happy with its performance.. I am still playing with settings and placement at the moment. It's currently placed midway along the lenght of the room.

My 1st question for fellow owners is this: there are 2 settings for the woofer; ON and AUTO. The auto is suppose to turn on when there is a bass signal and turns off when there is no signal.. I am familiar with this feature on my previous Mirage BPS400 sub.. The ASW does what it's suppose to but there is audible click of a relay everytime that it shuts off.. It sounds perfectly normal BUT the relay is audible.. My previous experience on the Mirage BPS400 is that it's almost silent whereas the ASW has this faint click.. Can somebody verify from their experience whether this is normal or not?? I assume that I can "cure" this by simply turning it to on when I watch a movie. Does anybody have issues leaving the sub turned on at all times??

My 2nd question is regarding the X-over settings? I am currently using N803, HTM1 and SCM1 for the Fr/Cc/Rr respectively. I have all of the above set to cross-over at 50Hz and the ASW4000 takes over from there. What do you think of this?? My Proceed PAV/PDSD allows several X-Over cut-offs, 120/80/70/60/50. Please advise on the setting in relation to my Nautilus set..

My last question, I am currently using a Canare L5CFB for the subwoofer run, are there any inexpensive cable that will do a better job on this application?

Many thankx in advance.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"