X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MS05'
    • Mar 2005

trying to get everything to work

First time poster here! I'm new to the home theater scene and am trying to hook up everything I have in the best way and have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer for me...

I have an RCA HDTV, DVR box and Sony DAV-BC150 system. I spent the morning at Best Buy and was told that I can't use component cables to connect my DVR to my TV as it would result in no picture being displayed due to the way the signal is filtered so I settled on a Monster S-video cable for that. I have a component cable to connect stereo to the TV and an interlink 200 to connect the stereo to the TV. Still need to pick up an analog cable to connect the DVR to the TV (so I don't have to watch the news in surround sound).

Does the above sound correct? Will the analog connection btw the DVR and TV going to limit any sound capabilities?

I guess my largest concern is that by using an s-video to connect the DVR to the TV, I won't be able to listen to Dolby surround sound, correct?

Thanks for any info in advance!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"