Need help with HT setup. Weak of heart need not read!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

Need help with HT setup. Weak of heart need not read!!

Hello,
    Setting up my HT from scratch. House and room will be complete in about 5 months so I am preparing now. Size of room is 18x23x9(or , so a little over 3,000sf. Dedicated room, enclosed. I just got a good deal on a Sunfire Grand Cinema Amp, 225 x 5. Besides my main HT room, I am going to have a game room. I already have a 65 inch HDTV(mitsubishi), Denon 3802, and polk audio speakers 5.1. I like the Polk towers, not much else. So my questions to myself are like this:
    1)Should I keep my 3802 for the game room or use it as a preamp in the HT. Or, should I buy a cheaper receiver to use in my game room? Or should I Use the Denon 3802 in the HT and buy a different receiver for the game room. The game room is part of a much larger room, being the downstairs Kitchen/bar. So acoustics probably won't be great in the game room.
    2)Subs and speakers. I have been on this forum asking about subs, I think either I build my own or go SVS.
    Speakers. I have listened to and liked the Defenitive Tech 7000 series that have a build in sub with them. Good for movies, but too much bass for music. Listened to some B&W 703's, nice, but too pricey for little difference in sound. They were to "bright" for me, or I think that is the word. Very high pitches. Liked them for music, ok for theater. Fine for theater if they cost only $1500 a pair instead of $3000. Been looking at and reading about Axiom. All the customers seem to like them, and I don't mind trying them and sending them back for $100. Worth the time if they are as good as people say. Anyone heard them? I could get the entire 60 package, w/o sub for under $3000.
    Anyway. If I got the D.Techs with built in sub, I guess it would be redundant to get another sub. Or would it? Do built in subs offer as much directional and setup control. I mean if I have too, I will glue my subs to the ceiling if they sound better there.
    Lots of questions. Any answers?
    Matt
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"