X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reet
    replied
    Originally posted by Nordo
    Question regarding the Room Tab.
    The default absorption of the reflective surfaces is 2dB.
    Is there a reference or data base where these reflective properties can be refined?
    e.g drywall on timber frame; drapes in front of full height glass sliding door; rug on concrete floor; etc.

Currently my simulated in-room response is so bad that I can't use it in my crossover design.
    Unless the speaker design is for permanent installation, the room should not be considered for crossover design. Whole point of measurement process is to remove the room from the equation. Use in-room response on the power & DI chart for performance in a typical room relating to the crossover design.

Once complete and located in your space, you may apply some EQ to help the room response if you like, use moving mic method with REW to gather in-room response average of listening location and apply EQ from there.

Room tab in VituixCAD honestly isn't of much use other than to identify obvious relection locations based on speaker and listener location to nearby surfaces. My opinion is that you get greater insight of the room using the room simulation in REW.

Leave a comment:

• Nordo
    replied
    Question regarding the Frequency Range in Optimizer.
    Should be range be set for just the crossover range - e.g. 3000Hz to 5000Hz?
    Or should it be set to the full range of your target curve?

When I run Optimizer, it runs wild and appears to ignore my target curve.
    Even though the target curve is very close to my unoptimized crossover SPL.

Leave a comment:

• Nordo
    replied
    Question regarding the Room Tab.
    The default absorption of the reflective surfaces is 2dB.
    Is there a reference or data base where these reflective properties can be refined?
    e.g drywall on timber frame; drapes in front of full height glass sliding door; rug on concrete floor; etc.

Currently my simulated in-room response is so bad that I can't use it in my crossover design.

Leave a comment:

• kimmosto
    replied
    Originally posted by Reet
    Your criticism was quite polite honestly
    I wrote two messages, and the last one in "Favorite Threads and Posts..." on Multi-Way wasn't polite with "crap" word and direct criticism about moderators.
    Anyway, question is why bad tools need more attention by the moderators than good tools. Of course everyone including myself has own subjective and probably biased opinion what is good and bad. Maybe VituixCAD is "too featured" and complex large forest compared to some simpler apps, but that alone does not make individual feature/tool any worse.
    Last edited by kimmosto; 03 December 2022, 03:37 Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• tktran
    replied
    Disappointed to hear that you were banned. The SINAD of DIYAudio is getting lower and lower.

The problem with DIYAudio is that some of the mods are not very progressive. Stuck in their old ways of "designing speakers without measurements" or "use WinISD". Geeze, shall I take out my slide rule or abacus as a warm-up?

AllenB's own posts are often lacking in constructive detail, off-the-cuff, or flippant. At worse, bordering on trolling. Who moderates the moderators? I've gone to ignoring his post as much as I can. I mean he probably have some experience and old knowledge which makes his cryptic responses all the more frustrating.

Tell us which non-English forums you visit Kimmo, and I'll fire up the ol' Google Translate...

Leave a comment:

Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"