Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

Rotel RSP-1576 Released

Looks like the specs on the new Rotel RSP-1576 are available, anyone thinking of buying it? It will be a likely strong candidate to replace my current Rotel RSP-1572 I’ve had for 6 years, the new model would give me an excuse to upgrade to Atmos surround, it’s capable of 7.2.4 all though I’d only use 5.2.4

Not much available on this model yet, odd YouTube video, the manual and spec sheet are available in the link below, all though in Japanese/Chinese’s rather than English.

A surround sound processor with classic Rotel audiophile quality for exceptional theater performance.

JDH
    Last edited by JDH; 06 April 2018, 18:16 Friday.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers
  • Audio_ElF
    • Oct 2007

Looks tasty... if it sounds good and priced right looks great. I love that Rotel have kept the input buttons on the front too... something I miss on my Arcam AVR.

Comment

• function12
      • Oct 2007

I wonder when it will hit the streets?? Very interested in it too.

Comment

• RoMan
        • Jan 2007

Will it pass Dolby Vision, HLG and HDR 10 or could this be done via firmware update possibly. I see the HF and LF knobs have been removed as well. Any reason for the removal of these knobs and is this across the board now with all preamps and AVR receivers?

Comment

• JDH
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by RoMan
          Will it pass Dolby Vision, HLG and HDR 10 or could this be done via firmware update possibly. I see the HF and LF knobs have been removed as well. Any reason for the removal of these knobs and is this across the board now with all preamps and AVR receivers?
          Doesn’t it say it passes 4K HDR10 in the spec sheet ?

I never used the HF and LF knobs, I thought that was only for temporary parametric eq. Changes, I only ever changed this through the on screen menu.

JDH
          Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Fishy
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by function12
            I wonder when it will hit the streets?? Very interested in it too.
            No doubt well after they say it will, and then any updates will be released (if ever) will be under those same timescales.

Fish

Comment

• Audio_ElF
              • Oct 2007

There’s this https://www.stereo.net.au/news/rotel...ound-processor about it too...

Comment

• RoMan
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by JDH
                Doesn’t it say it passes 4K HDR10 in the spec sheet ?

I never used the HF and LF knobs, I thought that was only for temporary parametric eq. Changes, I only ever changed this through the on screen menu.

JDH
                I stand corrected JDH. Yes I do see HDR 10 in the spec sheet but no mention if it will passthrough Dolby Vision or HLG for those 4K tvs that have the ability to decode these formats. Thanks JDH for pointing out the HDR 10 spec.

RoMan

Comment

• JDH
                  • Sep 2004

I stand corrected JDH. Yes I do see HDR 10 in the spec sheet but no mention if it will passthrough Dolby Vision or HLG for those 4K tvs that have the ability to decode these formats. Thanks JDH for pointing out the HDR 10 spec.

RoMan
                  I suspect the specs are very similar to the currently available Rotel RAP-1580 but without the applification, also the s/n ratio seems better, probably similar to the RSP-1582.

Basically I’ll probably either buy the RSP-1576 when available or if I want to try something different probably a Marantz AV7704 or AV8805 if I can justify the extra cost for feature set etc.

I assume the RSP-1582 will probably also get a refresh sometime this year to pickup Atmos processing too which would then be another alternative but again at higher cost.

If I had to summarise the RSP-1576, based on other RSPs it probably has everything I really need ie. decent sound quality and key feature set at a decent price. Basically something most would be happy to use for both HT and 2ch music.

JDH

Comment

• RoMan
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by JDH
                    I suspect the specs are very similar to the currently available Rotel RAP-1580 but without the applification, also the s/n ratio seems better, probably similar to the RSP-1582.

Basically I’ll probably either buy the RSP-1576 when available or if I want to try something different probably a Marantz AV7704 or AV8805 if I can justify the extra cost for feature set etc.

I assume the RSP-1582 will probably also get a refresh sometime this year to pickup Atmos processing too which would then be another alternative but again at higher cost.

If I had to summarise the RSP-1576, based on other RSPs it probably has everything I really need ie. decent sound quality and key feature set at a decent price. Basically something most would be happy to use for both HT and 2ch music.

JDH
                    I'm thinking along the same lines as you too but the one caveat is the Dolby Vision and HLG spec for me. I recently upgraded to an LG 65 C7 Oled tv this year and would love to take advantage of the Dolby Vision and HLG formats. I dont know if the 2.0a Hdmi spec covers DV and HLG formats.

RoMan

Comment

• function12
                      • Oct 2007

I emailed Rotel for a US release date. Them email me back saying contact your local re-seller.

Comment

• mglimabr
                        • Sep 2010

As 1572 owner, i tryed the Marantz AV7703 and i didnt like the sound. I still preffered the Rotel sound. For now im using external 4k video processor and keep 1572. I had planns to test Classé SSp800 in my room to hear the sound quality.
                        Originally posted by JDH

JDH

Comment

• JDH
                          • Sep 2004

I ended up buying a Marantz AV8802a on runout which is still a significant sound upgrade compared to the lower end AV7703, in the end the AV8802a will be used mostly for surround sound and casual 2ch, I have a dedicated Bel Canto pre/power setup for 2ch music etc.

With no firm ETA for the RSP-1576 I decided to try something new from another manufacturer that was currently available.

See how things go, can always move back to Rotel as part of a future upgrade cycle.

JDH
                          Last edited by JDH; 11 May 2018, 06:47 Friday.

Comment

• Fishy
                            • Jul 2004

Much like JDH, I have given up with Rotel and lack of details coming out, so I also opted for an AV8802A. When I was speaking with the sales person and the difference between that and the AV8805 I couldn't justify the extra cost.

It should be arriving a bit later today and am looking forward to getting it up and running.

Fish
                            (PS. maybe we need a Marantz section )

Comment

• JDH
                              • Sep 2004

Nothing wrong with the new Rotel RSP-1576 based on the specs but the timing didn’t work for me, ie, no firm ETA other than later in the year, I wanted to upgrade by the end of May/June. I’d class the Marantz AV8802A more equivalent to the Rotel RSP-1582 with ATMOS. The RSP-1576 would of been a less costly upgrade though.

JDH

Comment

• function12
                                • Oct 2007

I talked with Modia here in Houston and they said the RSP 1576 would be out in two weeks. We shall see....

Comment

• JDH
                                  • Sep 2004

I talked with Modia here in Houston and they said the RSP 1576 would be out in two weeks. We shall see....
                                  No firm ETA in Australia though, we would usually lag a US release though.

JDH

Comment

• function12
                                    • Oct 2007

Well two weeks have come and gone a long long time ago. Still nothing... The typical Rotel wait....

Comment

• function12
                                      • Oct 2007

Best Buy Magnolia say the RSP 1576 should be in select store on 8/19/18. We shall see....

Comment

• Billyjax
                                        • Aug 2018

Best Buy Magnolia say the RSP 1576 should be in select store on 8/19/18. We shall see....
                                        Looks like the RSP - 1576 is now available in the U.S

A surround sound processor with classic Rotel audiophile quality for exceptional theater performance.

Comment

• RoMan
                                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Billyjax
                                          Looks like the RSP - 1576 is now available in the U.S

http://rotel.com/product/rsp-1576
                                          Thanks for the information Billyjax. Simple and what I like about Rotel products. Plug, simple easy setup, play and enjoy the fine Rotel sound. Thanks again.

RoMan

Comment

• function12
                                            • Oct 2007

My Best Buy Magnolia says they just got a demo unit but don't have any stock to sell. They might get stock to sell mid to late September. I will have to stop by and see it in person.

Comment

• function12
                                              • Oct 2007

Ordered my RSP-1576 from Magnolia on Saturday and it should arrive this afternoon. They had two in the warehouse. Now just have to wait for my new HDMI cables and XTZ room analyzer to show up.

Comment

• Mikael
                                                • Aug 2007

Did you get your RSP-1576 if so what are your thoughts on it?

Comment

• Guybrush
                                                  • Feb 2008

Bought it ! Just finished setting it up... I'd like to discuss about it with someone...

Comment

• RoMan
                                                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Guybrush
                                                    Bought it ! Just finished setting it up... I'd like to discuss about it with someone...
                                                    Hi Guybrush,

Couple questions. Did you play any audio from the toslink and coaxial inputs? Reason I ask is cause I want to know if Rotel finally got rid of the 1 to 2 second audio delay. Does HDMI have any delay as well when playing music or movies?

Secondly, do you know if this surround processor can decode Dolby Vision? Or is it a passthrough and the tv will decode it? How does it sound? Did you calibrate using the internal test tones? Thanks Guybrush.

Comment

• Guybrush
                                                      • Feb 2008

Hi RoMan,
                                                      I don’t use toslink or coaxial, just HDMI. However, when I start a movie, I have to wait a few seconds before hearing any audio.
                                                      This processor cannot pass through Dolby Vision or HDR10+ since it has HDMI 2.0a inputs and outputs and those formats need HDMI 2.0b. This issue cannot be fixed via software, but it would need a hardware upgrade. I hope the guys at ROTEL are listening... You should write them too, as I did.
                                                      Coming to audio, it sounds great, way better than my previous RSP-1069.
                                                      I calibrated it using the internal test tones and an SPL meter. I also used a calibration disc to check if everything was right, and it was.
                                                      Minor flaws are that it can’t decode Dolby Pro Logic and you can’t customize input names (I hope they will fix this in the next software upgrade). One last flaw is that the blue power LED is too bright. ROTEL provides a black sticker to solve this issue, but if you buy the silver version it looks awful.

Comment

• function12
                                                        • Oct 2007

The delay is still there. It might be down to one second. For me is seems that it is trying to decode the format in that brief split second. It is a little annoying if you pay attention to it. Huge improvement over my old RSP-1068. Much better surround sound presents and 5 channel stereo for pandora/streaming.
                                                        It also take 5-8 seconds to fully boot up.
                                                        I am pleased with it so far.

Comment

• RoMan
                                                          • Jan 2007

The delay is still there. It might be down to one second. For me is seems that it is trying to decode the format in that brief split second. It is a little annoying if you pay attention to it. Huge improvement over my old RSP-1068. Much better surround sound presents and 5 channel stereo for pandora/streaming.
                                                          It also take 5-8 seconds to fully boot up.
                                                          I am pleased with it so far.
                                                          Thanks function12. I thought that possibly this issue would've been dealt with at this stage of the game. I'm sure it sounds solid for sure and no objection there. I have the RSP 1572 that is why I say its unfortunate this issue is still there.

Comment

• RoMan
                                                            • Jan 2007

Hi RoMan,
                                                            I don’t use toslink or coaxial, just HDMI. However, when I start a movie, I have to wait a few seconds before hearing any audio.
                                                            This processor cannot pass through Dolby Vision or HDR10+ since it has HDMI 2.0a inputs and outputs and those formats need HDMI 2.0b. This issue cannot be fixed via software, but it would need a hardware upgrade. I hope the guys at ROTEL are listening... You should write them too, as I did.
                                                            Coming to audio, it sounds great, way better than my previous RSP-1069.
                                                            I calibrated it using the internal test tones and an SPL meter. I also used a calibration disc to check if everything was right, and it was.
                                                            Minor flaws are that it can’t decode Dolby Pro Logic and you can’t customize input names (I hope they will fix this in the next software upgrade). One last flaw is that the blue power LED is too bright. ROTEL provides a black sticker to solve this issue, but if you buy the silver version it looks awful.
                                                            Thanks Guybrush. HDMI 2.0b will soon be obsolete with 2.1 coming soon I hear. So are you saying that there is no Dolby Pro Logic II on this unit? That's unfortunate as well. I like using DPLII. The audio delay still there is a bummer but dont know if I would necessarily dismiss this surround processor because of it. I did get used of it with my RSP 1572. We'll see. Thanks Guybrush. It's quite a balanced sound on it though eh. Hard to leave that Rotel sound once its in your system. :-)

Comment

• Guybrush
                                                              • Feb 2008

Thanks Guybrush. HDMI 2.0b will soon be obsolete with 2.1 coming soon I hear. So are you saying that there is no Dolby Pro Logic II on this unit? That's unfortunate as well. I like using DPLII. The audio delay still there is a bummer but dont know if I would necessarily dismiss this surround processor because of it. I did get used of it with my RSP 1572. We'll see. Thanks Guybrush. It's quite a balanced sound on it though eh. Hard to leave that Rotel sound once its in your system. :-)
                                                              Right now, if you connect your RSP-1576 to a projector, HDMI 2.0a is fine, but if you use a TV it’s already obsolete. I think it will take a long time for HDMI 2.1 to become really useful, however, companies like Rotel should provide the possibility to upgrade the video section. When the RSP-1576 came out, HDMI 2.0b was already a well established, widely used, standard, so providing the possibility to upgrade to it should be mandatory if Rotel does not want to disappoint its loyal customer base.
                                                              I asked about Dolby Pro Logic support and I am waiting for an answer, but I’m pretty sure it’s gone on the RSP-1576. Simplification is good, but maybe this is excessive since there are many soundtracks encoded in Dolby Pro Logic on Blu-Ray and CD (I have great ones from Chesky Records, which are now unusable).

Comment

• Guybrush
                                                                • Feb 2008

I got the answer from Rotel about Dolby Pro Logic. They said that I should consider the format obsolete, they are not supporting it any more.

Comment

• RoMan
                                                                  • Jan 2007

I got the answer from Rotel about Dolby Pro Logic. They said that I should consider the format obsolete, they are not supporting it any more.
                                                                  So what is taking the place of it? Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro 3D?

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • Oct 2002

If it's like most other manufacturers, Dolby Surround supersedes PLii. While there's movie and music modes like PLii, not sure if the new Rotel supports them. This mode is required to upmix to any height channels as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Guybrush
                                                                      • Feb 2008

I will install the 4 height speakers in April, so I can't try the Atmos emulation mode right now. According to what I have read, the Dolby Atmos emulation should "replace" Dolby Pro Logic, but I am really curious to hear the effect. In the Chesky Records CD I have there are a few tracks with a great Dolby Pro Logic where you can hear a band going from left to center to right and then in the back, rotating around you. I am looking foward to hear this track with the Atmos emulation, but I don't think it will have the same accuracy as the old Dolby Pro Logic decoding.

Comment

• Hellcat2015
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Jan 2019

Adjustments on my new RSP 1576

Can anyone tell me how to adjust my Treble and Bass without needing a Advanced degree in Physics? This software/operating system on the RSP 1576 is not easy and shouldn't be this difficult. If someone could help me I would be so grateful..

Kevin

Comment

• Guybrush
                                                                          Member
                                                                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Hellcat2015
                                                                          Can anyone tell me how to adjust my Treble and Bass without needing a Advanced degree in Physics? This software/operating system on the RSP 1576 is not easy and shouldn't be this difficult. If someone could help me I would be so grateful..

Kevin
                                                                          You should not adjust treble and bass on the RSP-1576, only bass redirection.

Comment

• Hellcat2015
                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                            • Jan 2019

Thank you for the reply Guybrush... I think my unit is defective, takes forever (at least 2 minutes to completely power up) another minute and a half to switch audio from various inputs. Certainly not acceptable or what you would expect from $2300 preamp processor. Mines going back, I think Rotel has some bugs to fix on this unit. I should also have the flexibility to adjust Treble and Bass without having to set up professional calibration equipment. lol

Comment

• function12
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Oct 2007
                                                                              • 34

#39
                                                                              Thank you for the reply Guybrush... I think my unit is defective, takes forever (at least 2 minutes to completely power up) another minute and a half to switch audio from various inputs. Certainly not acceptable or what you would expect from $2300 preamp processor. Mines going back, I think Rotel has some bugs to fix on this unit. I should also have the flexibility to adjust Treble and Bass without having to set up professional calibration equipment. lol
                                                                              Check your firmware. I believe the first firmware update they did, helped speed up the power on process. Mine takes maybe 30 seconds to fire up.

Comment

• Guybrush
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Feb 2008
                                                                                • 46

#40
                                                                                Two minutes for powering up is definitely wrong. I'm sure mine takes less than 30 seconds and a few seconds to switch audio. Before sending it back make sure that you have firmware v1.47 installed.

Comment

• RoMan
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Jan 2007
                                                                                  • 212

#41
                                                                                  Well, unfortunately I have decided to go to a Marantz preamp until Rotel can catch up and fix the delay issue, Hdmi 2.0b but I hear there is not much difference between Hdmi 2.0a so guess its okay. But I think they should add Auro 3D, HLG, Dolby Surround music mode, etc. I hear there is a firmware update coming for Dolby Vision but its too late for me. Anyways, for now Marantz will be my main preamp for now.

RoMan

Comment

• function12
                                                                                    Member
                                                                                    • Oct 2007
                                                                                    • 34

#42
                                                                                    Looks like the new software update was released 3/1/19.

Comment

• Guybrush
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Feb 2008
                                                                                      • 46

#43
                                                                                      Does anybody know if, with a 5.1 source (for example a 5.1 Dolby Digital Blu Ray-Disc) but a 7.1 speaker configuration with the Rotel RSP-1576, all 4 surround speakers will play or just 2 of them.

Comment

• usul
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • Nov 2003
                                                                                        • 15

#44
                                                                                        Question..

Is it possible to save settings to a USB drive or via a Web Gui?

Is there a Web Gui?

Thanks

Comment

• FirebirdOne
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • Mar 2005
                                                                                          • 9

#45
                                                                                          I picked one up 2 weeks ago.
                                                                                          Good news: The sound is more discrete then my previous Emotive MC-700 BasX, (I briefly had a Marantz SR 7012 but was promptly returned after a home audition) and way better than my old Rotel 1068. I could definitely hear a big difference in clarity and a better sound stage.

Bad news: I had to take it back 3 days later because it took a long time to boot up, froze where remote commands as well as manual commands such as power off or volume knob were unresponsive.
                                                                                          It also took an extra 10 seconds to switch between HDMI video sources. The audio was present but video was blank.
                                                                                          I am waiting on its replacement some time next week.
                                                                                          -Brainwash yourself before someone else does

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"