X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antony
    • Feb 2019

What Parasound

I finally bought a Parasound P7 Preamp Halo,with a Power Amp A51 & JC5 power Amp. The three devices were meant to power my 4 Surround Speakers,2 Front A/B Stereo FloorStand Speakers,1 Center & 1 Powered Sub. However the P7 HALO Preamp won’t work since the source sound is coming from a Digital Source(TV-With a Digital Audio Out-Optic). The Parasound P7 HALO doesn’t have a digital audio(Optic) input.
    The dealer allowed me 10 days to have the device(s) returned for a replacement.
    Given the options below,kindly advice the Devices i should choose to power all my Speakers Harmoniously :

*Parasound 2.1 Channel HALO Preamp P6
    *Parasound 2.1 Channel HALO Int’gd HINT 6
    *Parasound Controller HALO C2
    *Parasound JC5
    *Parasound A51

One device may not power all the 8 Speakers hence a need for a combination of two or three devices .
    Also,i’m new to the world of amp/Preamp and this has really confused my decision on a Amp/Preamp Combination to use.
    A connection diagram would be of great help to guide in tandem connections.

Kindly advise

Regards
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

None of what you list is suitable for your described goals. (Mebbe the C2 controller but it is ancient!)
    First, the A51 has only 5 channels and it cannot run 7 speakers. You need 2 more power amp channels.
    Second, is your source stereo, DolbyDigital, multichannel, etc? Is this your only source?
    Third, this is a major investment and your dealer should not have offered to sell you something unsuitable. He/she should know better. Do you have any other equipment?
    Four, I think what you have listed is way overkill for a system where the only source is TV-With a Digital Audio Out-Optic).
    Five, You may be much better off with a good 7.1 AVR or a 7.1 prepro plus a 7 channel amp.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"