• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Just helping out my brother, here...

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• jsetliff
      • Oct 2007

New member from Tampa, FL

Hello everyone. Wanted to post my system pics. I only recently switched to the C1. I have been using the A51 for two years now, but until this year used a Krell Showcase. After twice having to send it in for repairs I made the switch to the C1. So far so good.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jsetliff; 25 October 2007, 18:57 Thursday.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Hey, jsetliff, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana: I'm stepping out the door to go fly, but when I get a chance, I'll help you out with your pictures in big size.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Just helping out my brother, here, with larger sizes of his pics above:

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Radec
            • Jan 2005

Just a suggestion, but in the other Club forums the "pictures of" thread is a sticky. Not a big deal if one knows how to use search, but as we all know there are many who don't

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yeah, I've considered this. Usually, we have had picture activity every so often to keep it fairly current, so I haven't made it a sticky to now. Perhaps I'll do that soon?
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

My latest equipment rack pics, to share with this thread.

Think I'll make this thread sticky after all, per recent suggestions. Look for it at the top of the forum.
                Attached Files
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• pichonCalavera
                  • Apr 2008

Wow 8O , so many lights (staring without blinking).

There are many cool Halo pics, what about more Zcustom ones?, I love the look of those small things.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Heya, pichon, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana: I'll see if I can take some picture of my Zcustom stuff sometime.
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• pichonCalavera
                      • Apr 2008

Hi Chris!, I actually just got my Zcustom equipment and loving it , I got myself a Zamp v3, Zpre2, Zbreeze and Ztuner v2, and I'm using a Slim Devices/Logitech Squeezebox as my main source of music.

Next step is connecting both RS232 connections to my Linux PC and making them work in some way :B

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
                        My latest equipment rack pics, to share with this thread.
                        Think I'll make this thread sticky after all, per recent suggestions. Look for it at the top of the forum.
                        Whoa, that is a lot of equipment, cool racks! ops:

I have an old HCA-2205A 5 Channel Amplifier (+11 years old) and it still rocks. I use it in the gym
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

Some new pictures here of new Parasound products.

I'm guessing that we'll be seeing lots more pictures in the next few weeks, as CEDIA rolls around and we see new gear. :T

This is the new Halo P7:

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• pichonCalavera
                            • Apr 2008

I have some pics of the internals of my Zcustom equipment, so I'll post them here:

Zamp v3:

Zbreeze:

Comment

• pichonCalavera
                              • Apr 2008

Here are more pics from my Zcustom equipment:

Zpre2:

Ztuner2:
                              Last edited by pichonCalavera; 28 September 2008, 23:55 Sunday. Reason: Posted wrong picture

Comment

• stevefish69
                                • Oct 2007

Here are some pics of the internals of a HCA 1500a which is the same as mine (thanks of google).

I'm also on the lookout for an internal pic of my 1205a, but wanted to know if anyone has some to post, to save me lifting the lid?

Parasound 1500a

A pic of my little rack. Not a patch on the kit you guys have in the the US, but enough to power my little 5m * 4m room when backed up by my SVS PC13 Ultra ;x(

Internal pics of my SVS can be found here if anyone is interested
                                Audiolab 8000AP, Parasound HCA-1500a & 1205a, Toshiba HD-XE1, Playstation 3 (60GB) , Marantz CD52MkII, Sky+250, Kef Reference 3.2, XQ2C (Bi-amped), 2005.2 Eggs for Surrounds, SVS PC-Ultra 13 with BFD & Gramma, Panasonic TX36PD30 & PT-AE500E, Sapphire 6ft electric Screen, Mark Grant cables

Comment

• HDBLU
                                  • Jul 2008

Dose anyone know how the a21 Parasound 2ch will compare to a A5-5 Musical fidelity 2ch I have a A5-5 and I'm thinking of getting A21 Parasound I can take it back the A5-5 to my dealer and exchange it to a different AMP I'm only looking for a POWER AMP.

I'm saying this Because I'm having big problems with my A5-5 MF And I only play movies on it.

Thanks you All
                                  2ch Setup
                                  Krix Neupohonix
                                  Musical Fidelity M6i
                                  Musical Fidelity M6CDP
                                  Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
                                  MIT

Comment

• Music4Life
                                    • May 2006

I have the A21 driving ATC SCM7 II. Here's the rest:

Lite DAC AM Supreme EX edition
                                    Sony DVD S7000 as transport
                                    Homegrown Audio Silver XLR
                                    Audioquest CV8 with 24V DBS speaker cable

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I can't post my photos . Can somebody help. Thanks.
                                    Last edited by Music4Life; 06 March 2009, 05:44 Friday.

Comment

• nxym
                                      • Apr 2009

bases ?

Hi chris

Where did you find these 3 bases with "pyramid" on the second photo under the a51. I like it to much!

Just helping out my brother, here...

Comment

• stevefish69
                                        • Oct 2007

Sad though it may be, on a bored Sunday afternoon i lifted the lids on my two Parasounds and remembered this post so here goes. It gave me a good chance to clean them out using my industrial blower to remove years of dust and cobwebs :grin:

Interestingly on the Parasound website it says that my 1500a only has 60,000 uF of Caps. Mine has 80,000 uF and is missing the internal brace showing in the pic at the top of this thread. The caps are noticably taller and nearly reach the lif of the amp

I then moved over to the 1205a which is notcably bigger, heavier and ram packed too.

The 1205a has 100,000uF hidden away in the form of smaller caps for each channel which can just be seen alongside each heatsink.
                                        Audiolab 8000AP, Parasound HCA-1500a & 1205a, Toshiba HD-XE1, Playstation 3 (60GB) , Marantz CD52MkII, Sky+250, Kef Reference 3.2, XQ2C (Bi-amped), 2005.2 Eggs for Surrounds, SVS PC-Ultra 13 with BFD & Gramma, Panasonic TX36PD30 & PT-AE500E, Sapphire 6ft electric Screen, Mark Grant cables

Comment

• Le Caribou
                                          • Jun 2009

Hi,

New member here and new member of Parasound's club!

I've have only two New Classic Model for now (2100 and 2125), the Price is not the same in France like in US
                                          2 model 275 are comming soon and, like lot of people I think, I'm waiting for the HDP70.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

• Chris D
                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                            • Dec 2000

Bonjour!

Welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:
                                            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Le Caribou
                                              • Jun 2009

Merci! :-)

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                • Jul 2008

Hi Parasound lovers

One little Question, I have a RB1080 Rotel Power amplifier now and I was wondering would the A21 Parasound sound better then the Rotel Amplifier.

Is Parasound above Rotel.

Thanks
                                                Guys
                                                2ch Setup
                                                Krix Neupohonix
                                                Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                MIT

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by HDBLU
                                                  I have a RB1080 Rotel Power amplifier now and I was wondering would the A21 Parasound sound better then the Rotel Amplifier.
                                                  The A21 has more "juice". If it sounds better entirely depends on your speakers and other components in the system. It should definitely sound just as good as the RB1080, but if the RB1080 already is a good match with your existing system, the difference of upgrading may be subtle.

If you know your speakers need more power and current, then you can expect an audible difference. However, if the RB1080 already is more than capable of driving your speakers, the difference is probably subtle...

Originally posted by HDBLU
                                                  Is Parasound above Rotel.
                                                  Both brands are good. My personal opinion is that the Halo line is above Rotel and the New Classic maybe slightly below Rotel...

Peter

Comment

• Le Caribou
                                                    • Jun 2009

Hi,
                                                    not easy to compare because it is not the same price.
                                                    The A21 work in class A so they don't have the same sound!

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Le Caribou
                                                      Hi,
                                                      not easy to compare because it is not the same price.
                                                      The price does not mean anything. An expensive amp can sound bad and a cheap amp can sound good...

Originally posted by Le Caribou
                                                      The A21 work in class A so they don't have the same sound!
                                                      The A21 is NOT a Class A amplifier. The A21 (and A51, JC1, etc) are Class AB amplifiers. They do run in Class A up to a certain number of watts (depending on model), but none of the Halo amps are true Class A amplifiers.

If I recall correctly, the A21 is 4 watts Class A in 8 ohms. Above that it runs in Class AB.

Peter

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
                                                        The A21 has more "juice". If it sounds better entirely depends on your speakers and other components in the system. It should definitely sound just as good as the RB1080, but if the RB1080 already is a good match with your existing system, the difference of upgrading may be subtle.

If you know your speakers need more power and current, then you can expect an audible difference. However, if the RB1080 already is more than capable of driving your speakers, the difference is probably subtle...

Both brands are good. My personal opinion is that the Halo line is above Rotel and the New Classic maybe slightly below Rotel...

Peter
                                                        Thanks

My Speakers are Krix Neuphonix, Why am asking is I used to have a Musical Fidelity A5-5 with 250w but had some problems with it so I saved some money and got the RB1080 Rotel instead it does not sound as good as MF but it half the price.

So what am thinking of doing is buying a A21 for my front and my Rotel RB1080 will be used for my center channel in Bi-Amped.

Would the A21 be a better Amplifier then the A5-5 Musical Fidelity the MF is a Integrated Amp vs Parasound Power Amplifier.

What would you do

Thanks Petter Have a Look in MY SETUP
                                                        2ch Setup
                                                        Krix Neupohonix
                                                        Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                        Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                        MIT

Comment

• Lilmmg
                                                          • Sep 2009

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you all know I am a new owner of Parasound p3 and a23 driving a pair of magnepan mmgs, and so finally feel I can join your great forum! Anyways, I do have a couple of questions: 1) The A23 amp sounds great, the highs are very sweet and smooth, but could it be that the amp is not powerful enough, because the bass is lacking a bit of a punch when driving my mmgs.
                                                          2) If it is a matter of power, should I go ahead and return the a23 and buy the a21, or should I go and get another a23 and run them in dual mono mode? Which options would yield me better overall fidelity?

Thanks

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Lilmmg
                                                            If it is a matter of power, should I go ahead and return the a23 and buy the a21, or should I go and get another a23 and run them in dual mono mode? Which options would yield me better overall fidelity?
                                                            The A21 is better suited for maggies. Also, your maggies are probably 4 ohms, so bridging the A23 is not an option. (Bridging requires a minimum speaker impedance of 8 ohms).

Comment

• Chris D
                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Dec 2000

Hey, llmmg, Peter's right. I'll say hi, and welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound, though! :banana:
                                                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Lilmmg
                                                                • Sep 2009

Chris; Peter, thanks for the welcome and suggestion. I may just look into getting a sub to compliment the maggies, as the a21 may not make any significiant difference after some more thought. Any suggestion on subs?

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Lilmmg
                                                                  Chris; Peter, thanks for the welcome and suggestion. I may just look into getting a sub to compliment the maggies, as the a21 may not make any significiant difference after some more thought. Any suggestion on subs?
                                                                  Martin Logan and JL Audio have subs that work excellent with music. BTW, a sub is definitely a step in the right direction and will make a night-and-day difference compared to upgrading the amp in order to get more bass :T

Comment

• Lilmmg
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
                                                                    Martin Logan and JL Audio have subs that work excellent with music. BTW, a sub is definitely a step in the right direction and will make a night-and-day difference compared to upgrading the amp in order to get more bass :T
                                                                    Well, I ended up getting a ML dynamo to compliment the mmgs. The difference has been tremendous, and I am very happy with the result so far. The Martin Logans are indeed a very good sub for the money. Thanksfor the suggestion! 8)

Comment

• Music4Life
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2006

Last edited by Music4Life; 17 September 2009, 09:20 Thursday.

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                        • Dec 2000

Cool... what's the Behringer device there? Not a BFD.

Nemo makes the room, BTW.
                                                                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Music4Life
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2006

Cool... what's the Behringer device there? Not a BFD.

Nemo makes the room, BTW.
                                                                          It serve as an "upsampling device". Some higher priced DAC's and CDP's has this feature integrated to their unit, my DAC doesn't. It does make a difference compare with DAC alone.

Comment

• lofi-ear
                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                            • Jan 2009
                                                                            • 14

The newly-acquired A21 feeding a pair of JBL TI10K loudspeakers. All I can say is: PUNCHY! This amp truly makes the dual 8" drivers bounce :T
                                                                            Attached Files

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                                              • Dec 2000
                                                                              • 16877

Whoa, that's really something. Reposted in regular size to help you out...

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• TommyV
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Feb 2007
                                                                                • 425

Silver 2100

Comment

• John Holmes
                                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                  • Aug 2000
                                                                                  • 2703

Very nice, TommyV! There is just something about a clean install. :T
                                                                                  "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• TommyV
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Feb 2007
                                                                                    • 425

Thanks I just put the new 50" plasma up last week up from a 42" Panny. I actually have a component tuner setup off to the side with a Sansui TU-517 and a Sony XDRF1HD.

Comment

• ironcorn
                                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                                      • Feb 2009
                                                                                      • 17

Hi,
                                                                                      Been using Parasound amps for a number of years now. I have an A21/A51 powering my HT. I like them and will most likely only upgrade when they die of old age.

Comment

• John Holmes
                                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                        • Aug 2000
                                                                                        • 2703

Originally posted by TommyV
                                                                                        Thanks I just put the new 50" plasma up last week up from a 42" Panny. I actually have a component tuner setup off to the side with a Sansui TU-517 and a Sony XDRF1HD.
                                                                                        Interesting, I have an Sansui AU-317. I have not used for awhile (about 2 yrs) now. Been thinking about sending it in to get a good tune-up. I've owned it 20 years, and it is getting a little scratchy sounding on the knobs. It still had great sound though, the last time I used it.
                                                                                        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• John Holmes
                                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                          • Aug 2000
                                                                                          • 2703

ironcorn,

Very cool setup! And I agree with you. If the amps are doing what you want, the way you like, no need to mess with it.
                                                                                          Last edited by John Holmes; 18 October 2009, 00:43 Sunday.

Comment

• Mig17
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Jan 2008
                                                                                            • 169

Sorry why not use Parasound processor
                                                                                            Originally posted by ironcorn
                                                                                            Hi,
                                                                                            Been using Parasound amps for a number of years now. I have an A21/A51 powering my HT. I like them and will most likely only upgrade when they die of old age.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"