X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freek
    • Mar 2008

ca5100 input attenuators

i bought a new dac. the ps audio pefect wave dac.
    (after demo's with naim dac, linn akkurate ds, ayre qb-9 and the pwd)
    it is a great source. wow. what a sound. burning in now but already very good.

waiting for the 'bridge'. that is an ethernet network interface.
    with this bridge installed you can play music over the ethernet (upnp compatible) in all formats (44.1 - 48 - 88.2 - 96 - 176.4 - 192 khz and up to 32 bits). now playing through the spdif interface. it also has 2 i2s interfaces, a usb interface an xlr and toslink interface. so futureproof.

alson a good part is that it can act as a preamp. so i connected it balanced to my ca5100. the sound is great. there is no better preamp then no preamp as the manual of the dac quotes, and i think they are right comparing the sound with and without my preamp.

there is only one problem. i can only listen to the dac at 10% - 35% of its volume settings. because the volume setting is digital (32 bits) i think i start loosing quality < 50% (= <16 bits if i am right?).

is there a good way to lower the input (gain if i am correct) without using a preamp. i have read about rothwell attenuators, but users complain about good soundstage but loosing some detail.

thanks for the support in advance.

freek
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"