X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Classe remotes

I know I am peppering this forum with things, but hey Classe is new to me, even the legacy stuff.

I want to comment on the remote because I hope Classe reads this forum and takes suggestions.

I have a love hate with it so far, or more like a love dislike. I have a Harmony 1000 currently but decided to keep both active because often both my wife and i want a remote in hand, or i find with one you are always looking for or reaching for simple things like volume. I also prefer the classe remote once the source is selected because I am more a fan of hard buttons then LCD for function.

First off I have to say I love the weight of the remote. The only other brand which has this right is B&O (believe it or not the B&O is half the size and weights slightly more). the extra weight has a quality feel, and makes you want to hold it. IMO the interaction of a high end product should extend to its input device. I love the fact is aluminum as its rarely on remotes and its my favorite finish. Fun fact: no new aluminim is made (except for aeronautical)? It is, therefore, very sustainable. Every Classe remote is made from 100% recycled aluminum.

The "F" keys are a stroke of genius and in combination with Harmony you can really customize what you want done. i.e. I can toggle the biased lighting behind my display by setting the F key to one of the triggers. As a result I am actually looking of other things that can be controlled with a 12v trigger but have not had success. I should also mention the little wrench to open the battery area adds an extra high end feel, as does the rubber feet which stand it upright.

Here is where it falls short: the buttons. They seem so out of place on the this high end piece I cant help but think Classe has a huge opportunity tp improve here. If I was to give some suggestions of what should have been done, or should be done going forward here is what I would suggest.

I have to refer back to B&O because they set the benchmark for design, and while I realize Classe isnt B&O they can certainly rise to the occasion of better design.

Notice the original buttons, they are unlike whats on any remote. Classe has an original look and feel for their product, but I wonder why they would fall short on this important aspect? I mean the remote is very important as its what the user ultimately "feels" the experience with when sitting away with remote in hand. To me this sticks out because it doesnt match the rest of the quality design.

Just for fun..do you realise that is a 103" plasma!? It retails for about $170,000 USD

In addition to the buttons I think some type of LCD would be reasonable. Ideally for a future remote an exact LCD replica of the LCD on the processor with all of its functions would be ideal, but doubtful. A little LCD which at least provides various status settings is needed. Doesnt even need to be touch sensitive.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"