X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdl2112
    • Mar 2006

Scan-Speak T/S Parameter insight...

At least that's what I was hoping to present. The data below doesn't correlate too well but there is some information here and I made a spreadsheet so what the heck...here it is.

SS started including "Advanced Parameters" on their data sheets, I noticed values like Bl and Fs from the curve looked much closer to what I measure than their own stated T/S values.

Below is a capture of the spreadsheet where you enter the "advanced parameters" in green and it calculates the values in blue. I have two examples where I performed my own tests and compared.
    In both cases the Rms value didn't make sense so I used the value from the datasheet. If you go to the wiki link you will see the formulas. The biggest thing I get from this is the correlation of Bl, Fs and Qes. SS drivers usually have higher Qes than stated so if you look at the advanced parameters and note that Qes is proportional to Fs/(Bl^2) you can see if Qes may be higher than specified. Of course the first driver I looked at was the 32w/4878t00 and it showed a lower Qes than specified...Bl was about the same. Voice Coil and others have shown the 32W Qes to be close to the datasheet value....so what does this tell us...:unsure: take it with a grain of salt...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	T_S_param_calc.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	871268
    T_S param calc.zip
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"