X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orbifold
    • Jun 2006

One more "big thread" RS WTMW Center

Its getting warmer in VA finally!! Warm enough that I can finish gluing up the sections for my RS WTMW Center. The PE buy was waay back in 2006. Towers have been running for some time. But I'm posting at the start of the center build so I'll finish :B
    Also, the plan is to do an integrated stand-rack with two big shelves. Inspiration came from the Sonus Faber Cremona center. The adaptation is to have a pylon at the back, not the front, and cantilever two heavy shelves, say 19"+ by 47" by 2.5" off the pylon. I'd rather so my sketching full-size on 4x8 sheets, so I don't have a nice diagram, but here are the beginnings:
    The pylon:

Two more pieces of mdf will go on this and be slotted 3/4" deep to carry the shelves.
    Here's the center carcass so far:

Of course, there are more sections to go on the bottom, and the two partitions will be in the middle to carry the mid and tweeter.

The shelves will be made like the blocks under the pylon on the floor. MDF-ply-MDF sandwich with a 1/4 nice grained ply on top, or something close.

Finish will be like the towers. Piano black baffle and ends like the towers. (Or maybe Dark Red-like WillD's Mal-x 8))

The mains have been great, but I haven't even put the seal tape behind the baffles or really done any tweaking on them. I want to get the cc up and running and finish the Tempest sub, then start the learning process of tweaking the whole system.
    Sub:

Subby has a problem... Seems somebody tried to see how it would crank ops: MDF is fairly weak in the middle part of the thickness. Strong on the face where the glue is. Subs are different than mains. Yeah.
    Those two light lines are cracks which I'll have to do some as-built hare-brained fix on before I veneer him and make
    him purdy.

Guys, I go to other forums and watch cool stuff they do there. But I have to thank everybody here... The quality and the help is here and I'm just a lurker--having more fun doing this than anything I can remember. There's just a bunch of work in keeping this going and answering noob question after noob question. I just want you to know your efforts count 'cause there's a lot of us that have good audio and a whole lot more fun than you can get dropping magna $$$'s on those things they sell at those places where they, you know sell those expensive things. :B:B:B:B:B:B;x(;x(
    Don't fight, don't argue... If you stay healthy and wait by the river, you'll see all your enemies float by, one by one!

Anonymous
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"