X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charliemouse
    • Jun 2007

active XO - DAC mls for bss omnidrive vs meridian

Want to compare an active XO to the passives I've been playing with on this speaker design https://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29686

This involves having to ditch my Meridian DAC and feed digital signal into the active crossover. Despite many people's enthusiasm for Behringer, I decided against the it and got a BSS omnidrive 366T. The main reason for this, is that my Meridian DAC sounds much better than the burr-brown dacs in my arcam cd player etc, so I just wasn't convinced the dcx2496 could possibly sound good with 6 dacs and cheap op amps at 1/5th of the price of the two in the meridian.

Comprimise was the BSS, though i'm still not sure I don't prefer the sound of the meridian 566. I'm waiting to do some blind tests with someone else switching for me!

Anyone know if MLS measurements tell anything useful about the quality of the DACS in the BSS compared to the meridian. Both signals have travelled through an amp, but I used headphone output rather than a microphone to get a more accurate result.

Meridian 566

Image not available

BSS 366

Click image for larger version  Name:	366.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	948074

The 366 seems to be a slightly more wobbly line - little less linearity above audible range, and an interesting phase deviation toward higher frequencies.

In honesty, I don't know what this tells me exactly, so I'll probably just trust my ears. Be interested if anyone has any comments.
    Last edited by theSven; 13 August 2023, 20:35 Sunday. Reason: Update htguide url
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"