X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinp.
    • Apr 2008

Noob driver/sound question

Hi all! Been reading this forum for awhile now and finally registered. I haven't built any of the designs listed here yet, but I have built some speakers that were sold in a kit and I build my own budget sub using Parts Express stuff. I have also read Ray Alden's Loudspeaker 201 and the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Lance Dickason to try and learn as much as possible before coming here and asking stupid questions, like "I really like Zaph's ZD5 design, but I already have some Goldwood woofers that I'm going to substitute. I shouldn't need to change anything in the crossover, right?" - by the way, that was not my question...
    I do still have lots to learn, as I still don't understand CPC, APC, and very little of the concept of phase, but that's not why I posted.
    anyway, what I want to know is this:
    Say I have two identical rooms, same equipment/sources. One room I'm using Zaph's ZD5 design (Scanspeak/Vifa) crossed over to a sub at 80hz. The other room I'm using Modula MTM's, also crossed over at 80hz. Given the same SPLs (reasonable levels, max 90 - 95db for music), will there be sonic differences between using one 5" mid and two 7" mids?
    thanks, this forum is really a wealth of information for people like me getting into this hobby!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"