New Rules!, our apologies to Bill Maher.... ;^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

New Rules!, our apologies to Bill Maher.... ;^)

Since the many were being penalized for the sins of a few, the rules regarding kit speaker discussions are being revised.

Anyone wanting to start a discussion regarding a specific kit speaker needs to PM me with a request and info about the content they intend to post. I'll give a thumbs up or down to that request based on the information presented.

Fanboys of any particular designer/designers products need not apply.

Any thread where a kit is discussed will have an open discussion of the pros/cons of the design. The kit vendor may engage in these discussions to provide information about the design and or clarify any misconceptions. Posts with shilling, spamming, philosophical rants, or whatever about products will be deleted.

THE RULES, this section will be added to as new problems arise

DON'T build someones kit then start a thread raving about it.

Anyone trying to circumvent these rules will find their thread closed and face loss of their HT-Guide posting privileges

Other misc rules.

There are two companies who's products we do not discuss at all. These companies are GR-Research and Rythmik Audio. Why don't we not allow discussion regarding products from these companies?

1) We were informed by Brian Ding that in his opinion those lacking IEEE or similar level education weren't qualified to comment about his products in comparison to others. Very few posting here have such credentials, and for those that do it's rather impractical to post proof. As a result there will be no discussion of Rythmik Audio products in the Missions Impossible forum.

2) Historically it's been most problematic to host rational discussions about GR-Research products, all the threads end up getting locked.

Problem being it's tiresome dealing with rants of fanboys, people shilling the products, or the inability of the designer to entertain any form of critical discussion regarding the products. So this is another situation where there will be no discussion about products or a design using the products.

An example of how this impacts thread/posts is as follows..........

You're creating a new project and it will contain products or a product from one of the above companies. This means no you don't discuss the project on the Missions Impossible forum. There are dozens of other DIY forums available for you to discuss your project...

"But I just want to show people my design, I'm not in the business, I'm not a fanboy and I won't talk about the drivers"

Lets be realistic, it's fundamentally impossible to have a discussion about a project, even the basics of the design and not at some point have it evolve into a discussion about the drivers being used.

3) Regarding Woojae Kim (aka Jay Kim, Jay_WJ, J_Kim, jkim, jAy, Max, Maximiliano, Maximiliano Montenegro, tove or whatever his current nom de plume) His behavior earned him an outright ban shortly after joining HT-Guide, and additional bans after re-registering and pretending to be other people.

A stratagem being employed by Mr Kim is to contact people via email shilling his versions of Jon Marsh's designs. One person approached by Mr Kim stated the following; "Jay later admitted he had never made any measurements whatsoever, and when I simulated his design, it was heavily 'voiced'. "

References to Mr Kim, his designs, or his website have no place on this forum.
    Last edited by ThomasW; 11 October 2009, 23:18 Sunday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"