Do you feel a WMTMW is more accurate than a MTMWW?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fjhuerta
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2006

Do you feel a WMTMW is more accurate than a MTMWW?

If you were to build a WMTMW, would you feel it's more "accurate" than an MTMWW, considering that every driver is equally spaced on the vertical plane?

If you don't, how would you feel about an MTMWW with the woofers mounted side to side, back to back, like in the Audio Physic speakers?

The reason I'm asking is - I'm completely undecided between a huge WMTMW tower (probably 5 feet tall or so), or a slim MTMWW using the RS125, RS225 and RS28, with the RS225 firing side to side. But I don't know about bass accuracy. And whether how high I can get away with while crossing over the 225's.

I'd believe I could go up to 180 ~ 220 Hz with the 225s. But how should I design the crossover on the 225s? Because they'll be firing 90° away from the listeners, is there any specific design criteria? Is 200 Hz a good frequency when using sideway drivers? As you may imagine, I'm partial to a slim, sealed MTMWW tower. But I'm not willing to sacrifice sound quality because of design criteria.

Something like this...

Javier Huerta
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"