Advice for Modifying Seas Trym for On Wall Mounting...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • avddreamr
    • Aug 2005

Advice for Modifying Seas Trym for On Wall Mounting...

Well after considerable deliberation, I am moving forward with my orion project. (I have to regrettably sell my halo gear to fund the project and the process will be the subject of another thread once I begin).
    The room that they will be placed in, does not allow for proper integration of rear dipole for surround usage.

So I have thought of using the seas trym.
    Changing it to a sealed configuration with a vb of .34 which nets an f3 slightly below 80hz (78 or so).
    However... I know that by placing it on the wall, and so close to the ceiling it will result in boundary grain across various frequencies.

So what path should I start out with to begin the process of modifying the existing design to fit this new application.

I'm guessing I have to build them, mount them, measure them (hopefully I can get by with something like soundeasy) and then eq my way to the right response? Springing for clio, is completely out of the question.

Am I on the right track?

Now Mind you I'm not dead set on using the seas trym. If using one of the Dayton RS designs, will work. I would gladly enjoy the money elsewhere.

I'm open to all ideas :0

Nes
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"