dipole/sealed sub - advice would be great!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bnewton
    • Jan 2007

dipole/sealed sub - advice would be great!

I currently own 4-PE 15 inch IB woofers and a Nady XA1100 amp with a BFG. I had used two of the drivers in an IB in my previous house and plan to do so again eventually in my new house, but am still not sure where my setup is going to be, so I need to have something in the interim.

At the moment, I have two H-frame dipoles with two drivers each. 48x24x24 inches. They sound pretty good, but I am using my setup more and more for HT and less for music, so I am thinking of switching to a configuration with more oomph without spending any more real money (perhaps a couple pieces of wood, but no new equipment).

I've serously considered breaking apart the h-frames and making a pair of 450lliter sealed subs and then porting them if it turns out I need more low end. I'm not confident that the Nady 1100 has the gusto to drive all four drivers in sealed boxes (2 in each).

Would I see a marked improvement in low end aggressiveness if I went to sealed subs with one driver each in enclusures of around 450l? What is your opinion on being able to drive 4 PE ib15s with a measly nady xa1100 if I went with two drivers per enclosure? Would I be better served making the subs ported? Am I just being an idiot who should just stick with what he has? Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by bnewton; 11 January 2007, 13:43 Thursday. Reason: bunk title
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"