X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rene D
    • Mar 2006

new computer sub AKA my former center channel project

Well my 3-way center channel bit the bullet some time ago, Just too damn large for the wife's liking................it was a sad sad day

So I took the box that was well on it's way to being done. just cut out the hole for the RS225. I had gone out and got a great deal on a logitech Z4 speaker system for the computer a few weeks ago. the bass on it wasn't too shabby.

After pulling at apart, Wait. lets back up here. AFTER I figured out HOW to pull it apart this is what I found inside. no it wasn't a nice 6" driver.

It turned out to be a passive radiator in a rather weird box. As you can see in the upper corner that is the port. but it doesn't fire from one side to the other. It's a smaller port firing into a larger port that leads to the rear chamber.

Some time later and a lot of head scratching and a few amount of bad words I can't mention here. I got the "guts" of it out. Of what have now been mounted in my 51 L ported box that would have been my center channel

I did a few tests when I got home a while ago and it sounds really nice. Now I just need to do something with the little desktop speakers. Once I get the set done I'll be sure to post some more pictures of it.
    Now if you'll excuse me, the wife's making almond rasberry tarts. and the second she leaves the room I think the cat will acidently knock one or two on the floor :W
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"