• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fjhuerta
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2006

Son of Natalie P's (the Wynona R's?)

Hi all!

The Natalie P. project is quite interesting. I've been reading and trying to learn from its crossover, without much luck.

Since I'll be finishing them soon (crossover work is done, and the cabinet is almost ready), and I have a set of RS28A - Shielded unused, plus 4 Tang Band W4-1337's woofers, I was wondering whether a project like this would make sense:

As woofers, MTM configuration.

And the Dayton RS shielded tweeter.

Apparently, the woofers have a very smooth response, right up to 7 KHz or so.

My basic intention is, use a 2nd order + conjugate network on the woofers (nothing really fancy) plus (maybe) a notch filter on the really upper end, cross them over to the RS tweeters at around 1800-1900 Hz, and use a third order electrical on the tweeter, to try to get fourth order acoustical slopes. At least, that's my idea.

I don't know whether it makes sense or not. The woofers are "full range", but I find they lack "air", and aren't really engaging when used by themselves. And I have the RS tweeter around, so I could try building a small Natalie P... I mean, Wynona.

At least the price of the components is around the same, and I have a small sub already, so I'm not too worried about the lower end. I just don't have enough experience, so I'm wondering whether this project could be worth it.
    Javier Huerta
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"