X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Nov 2005

Subwoofer Remote Volume Control Kit Construction Project

HI All,
    I am wondering if there is any interest here in an article concerning construction of a subwoofer remote volume control kit? I have located a kit that is comprised of a motorized pot controlled by a PIC microcontroller. It is intended to be installed in receivers and preamps that lack remote volume control.

I am going to use it as a remote volume control for my subwoofers in a stand alone box which means it must have small DC power supply. This kit is available to the general public for $39.95 (I am not the seller nor do I have any commercial interest in this project. I'm strictly a humble user.).

At this time my kit is assembled and working. It is not yet installed in the box. I think it will work well for my intended use.

Kit construction is simple but probably should not be attempted by a complete beginner. Anyone with a little experience with soldering and electronics should be OK. Documentation is merely adequate with some trouble spots. It's not hard to get past these. Anyone who has built a Heathkit (remember those?) should be able to do the work. Assembly took me about three hours for the basic kit.

I am asking you for an indication of interest because I don't want to go to the trouble of writing an article if no one cares.

Thanks, Sparky

Edited to Add:
    Here is the link where the kit can be purchased:

Altronics is located in Australia. They do ship to the US and the service is excellent. I had mine in hand 7 actual days from the the day it was ordered!!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"