X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoney
    • Dec 2004

Select to view in desktop mode only?

Is there a setting where I can select to receive in desktop view only. I am using an Android tablet and the view defaults to mobile view (everything is scrunched into a narrow column on the left of the screen). After initial connection, I can use the browser pull down to "Request desktop site" but when opening links in new tab, it often reverts back to mobile view again. No big deal, but somewhat annoying to have to open each page I want to view twice.
    Emotiva UPA-700 Amp
    Emotiva UMC 200 pre/pro
    B&W DM605 S2 Mains
    DM602 S2 Surrounds
    DM601 S2 Rear Surrounds
    CC6 S2 Center.
    ASW 1000 Sub
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Good question. When one of our lead admins are on, they might be able to answer.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Once you select the desktop style it should stick. Does your mobile browser block cookies? Check the settings.

What device and browser at you using? Tomorrow I'll play with it on my iPod touch since that is the only "mobile device" I have other than an iPad that defaults to the desktop view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• Stoney
        • Dec 2004

Thanks for the reply. I am using a HP Touch pad with the latest Cyanogen 9 mod with Chrome as my browser. It has Accept Cookies selected.
        Emotiva UPA-700 Amp
        Emotiva UMC 200 pre/pro
        B&W DM605 S2 Mains
        DM602 S2 Surrounds
        DM601 S2 Rear Surrounds
        CC6 S2 Center.
        ASW 1000 Sub

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

Someone on another vBulletin site had the same issue, I think his was with an iPhone. Apparently clearing cookies, logging in again, and selecting the full site solved the issue for him.

As Disney looks for ways to improve efficiencies and implement new contactless solutions, we have just received word of a new app feature. This new technology, called "MagicMobile," allows guests to use their cell phones to enter the theme parks. Let's take a closer look at how it

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"