Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ccheese4
    • Mar 2014

Mini Statements - replacement mid driver

Is there an accepted midrange replacement for the mini statements? I guess the design is getting old enough that the Tang Band W4-1337SA are no longer manufactured. There is a W4-1337SDF, but it looks like the Thiele-Small parameters are different, so I wasn’t sure if they would be a drop in replacement, or if crossover changes would have to be made.
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ccheese4
    Is there an accepted midrange replacement for the mini statements? I guess the design is getting old enough that the Tang Band W4-1337SA are no longer manufactured. There is a W4-1337SDF, but it looks like the Thiele-Small parameters are different, so I wasn’t sure if they would be a drop in replacement, or if crossover changes would have to be made.
    I didn't realize the SA version was no longer available and Curt is the crossover guy so i can't answer your question. I'd suggest you send Curt an email at his website. He doesn't frequent the audio forums very much. http://speakerdesignworks.com/

Sorry I can't be more help.

Jim

Comment

• Jim Holtz
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Just a quick follow up. I'd suggest you consider the Peerless NE123's as a replacement. That is the upgrade mid we used in the Statements II and a drop in size wise for the 1337's. Since Curt has worked with both drivers he could probably suggest changes in the mid network. In the Statements II we actually eliminated part of it compared to the Tangband which required more taming. The NE123's are superb sounding drivers. A definite step up from the 1337's IMHO.

HTH

Jim

Comment

• DeanP
        • May 2004

Ok, so I just found this thread and I don't know what the original poster came up with for the answer to the question. I just emailed Curt via the website, so I guess I'll find out sooner or later...MTF

Comment

• Robski
          • Nov 2023

Originally posted by DeanP
          Ok, so I just found this thread and I don't know what the original poster came up with for the answer to the question. I just emailed Curt via the website, so I guess I'll find out sooner or later...MTF
          What answer did Curt provide?

Comment

• DeanP
            DeanP commented
            Editing a comment
            I just constructed the anthology IIs instead.
        Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"