Looking for a good sounding waterproof Bluetooth speaker(s) for deck use/pool parties

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Looking for a good sounding waterproof Bluetooth speaker(s) for deck use/pool parties

With spring rapidly approaching I've been googling waterproof Bluetooth speakers that I can use poolside, but most of them are geared toward portability, being compact and easy to carry with you, thus they have teeny weeny drivers.

I'd like something a bit less "portable" but with big sound, like something you'd want in a pool party. It should be waterproof (or at least water resistant) for use in pool parties, or in case a storm hits while the speaker is outside. Battery power is nice but not essential (I can plug it in on the deck). Decent Bluetooth range would be nice since I usually keep my laptop upstairs and with my little Sony system I use now I have to move the laptop downstairs to get a stable connection with the stereo on the deck. Also, this stereo is a 4 piece system so a hassle to bring in and out and it's not waterproof.

So far the best bet appears to be the Altec Lansing ALP-XP800 Xpedition 8... at least in terms of size. Some reviews says it sounds tinny though despite its size. It's a bit pricey at $399 as well.

Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks...
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

not water-proof....
    ...but the best small/portable wifi i have heard......

Creative iRroar

can get it without the sub for a little cheaper, but its a great deal if you add it on.

_

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

"The active 2.75″ driver pumps out impressive bass." Oh really!? :roll: I thought Bose had that market covered. Or did someone figure out how to break the laws of physics?

I was looking for something bigger... like 6" woofers... maybe too much to ask... LOL. At least this one has a sub option. Does it sound good to your ears?

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

i realize this kit does not meet the requirements you set out.....

but i have heard it wit the sub...
        obviously, it is placement sensitive relative to performance, but it really does sound way better than it has a right to at the price.
        & if you buy from amazon, you can just send it back if you no likey......

i would not recommend if i did not think it delivered the goods.....:W

i will prolly get one myself here soon for The Wife to use outside in her little patio/she shack area.....
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

Looks interesting, but water resistant at the very least is important, since in SC you never know when it will rain especially in summer. Not to mention dripping wet people all over the deck dripping on my speakers... LOL.

I still have a month or two to save up, and do more research. Even $200 is hard to come up with these days, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"