X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikez
    • Aug 2018

Is is possible to route LFE signal to fronts using a Rotel RSX-1550

Hi I'm hoping someone can answer my question. I recently purchased a set of Vandersteen 5's that have powered subs. Right now I have a Rotel RSX-1550. I'm using the preouts to route the mains to a Mccormack DNA 225 to power the Vandersteens. My rears and center are connected to the Rotel. I would like to use the 12 inch powered subs on the Vandersteens to play LFE, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. Is it possible?

Right now I have the fronts (vandersteens) set as large and the rest of the speakers set as small and sub set to no. Will this send the LFE?
    Or should I set sub to max and fronts as large and the rest as small. Will this work?
    OR should I just keep my old sub and set the crossover to 40hz? This is my least preferred option as the powered subs on the vandersteens are much better than my current sub.

thanks!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Fronts large, sub no will send all LFE to the fronts.

Large = no crossover.

Small - crossover.

Sub - normal = lfe + anything under all speaker crossovers.
    sub - max = LFE + anything under all speaker crossovers AND anything under sub crossover from any speaker set to large.

Comment

• Mikez
      • Aug 2018

Kevin - thank you for your help I appreciate it. I've set my fronts the Vandersteen 5's and my rears Vandersteen 2CEsigs to large and my center to small - which seems to have done the trick and is now sending the LFE to fronts and rear. As a test I plugged in my sub and set it to max with the above settings and noticed no difference in depth so I think I've got it.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"