Trying to finish a project I started 12 years ago and it's not easy. Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WinstonSmith
    • Dec 2006

Trying to finish a project I started 12 years ago and it's not easy. Suggestions?

I've had some life changing things over that time and I have the materials for the Natalie P but I have some weakness and poor fine motor control so the crossover components will run in fear.

I can do some things like assembling a knock down cab and install speakers etc.

Can someone recommend a pair of cabinets and does a premade crossover exist that works well?

Thanks.
  • Steve Manning
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by WinstonSmith
    I've had some life changing things over that time and I have the materials for the Natalie P but I have some weakness and poor fine motor control so the crossover components will run in fear.

I can do some things like assembling a knock down cab and install speakers etc.

Can someone recommend a pair of cabinets and does a premade crossover exist that works well?

Thanks.
    Winston, if your interested I can offer some help with building cabinets and crossovers. If your interested PM me ...... Steve
    Hold on to your butts - It's about to get Musical!

Comment

• technodanvan
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

If I was closer I'd be happy to come on over throw the crossovers together for you, kind of on the other coast though. Still, barring any other solutions if you want to ship the parts out here I can put 'em together and ship them back. I bet Steve would do the same though, and he's a little closer!
      - Danny

Comment

• fbov
        • Jun 2008

Winston, I'm in Bushnell's Basin, and retired, so I have time. I'd be happy to help you out. I've built a half dozen of these MTMs from scratch, sealed and ported, shielded and not, with a several crossover designs trying to find what worked in my room.

I would recommend you contact me directly if you're interested; look for a PM. I'd like to get a list of the parts you have, so we can estimate what's needed. If you have drivers, you need crossover, box and baffle.

For the box, I'd recommend a flat pack, so there's less wood to cut.

For the baffle, I will cut it, after I have your drivers in-hand, so I can get a tight fit and a flat recess.

For the crossover, I use perf-board, tie wraps and epoxy, although I was recently converted to using Gorilla Glue for it's foaming properties.

Let me know,
        Frank

Comment

• technodanvan
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2009

For the box, didn't Jon originally make these in the Dayton premade boxes? I don't recall the size, but I thought he liked to use those. Maybe 0.75 cubic feet?

I just received a pair of 0.25 cubic foot curved glossy black boxes to finally do something with those Scan Speak "limited edition" drivers I got a couple years ago - I'm really, really impressed with how they look, and so is my wife. Wish they came in other colors!

Just a thought, if constructing completely new boxes seemed out of the question.
          - Danny

Comment

• fbov
            • Jun 2008

You're right, a great option, but they're NLA in 1 cu. ft. I'm working with him.
            Frank

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"