Clear All
  • LexiconLogan
    • Apr 2009

additional CA3200 is on its way

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

You have great room Logan. Very clean. If you are like me and hate visible cables you may find this stuff helps to clean things and up and it look unified.

Find standard PET and flame retardant non-fray expandable braided sleeving for wires, cables, and hoses at CableOrganizer.com.

Comment

• LexiconLogan
        • Apr 2009

Thanks, Nolan, I am working on it ''as we speak''

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
          Nice pics Nolan (thanks for the heads up). I really like how the room has come together.

It might be risky to keep the processor sitting on the amplifier for the long run. Most of the heat generated from the amplifier is going to radiate directly underneath the processor and through the heat sink fins which can get very hot when running full tilt. I would recommend using a two-shelf rack as soon as you can to shield the processor from a shortened shelf life.
          James,
          Just curious to know what long term effect can come from heat on the processor. It has never gone above 48c, and normally sitts between 43-46c currently sitting on the amp.

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Vancouver
            James, Just curious to know what long term effect can come from heat on the processor. It has never gone above 48c, and normally sitts between 43-46c currently sitting on the amp.
            It will reduce the half life of your processor
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Rebel Man

I went and tried the SSP-800 again yesterday and yes I can't wait until they make the upgrade so I can buy one.

I had my Denon AH-D7000 with me as I wanted to hear the music without the room but was disapointed since I could not plug it in the SSP-800!!! No headset plug!!!

Any idea how to plug in a headphone into the SSP-800?

Thanks for the help. My source an Oppo BDP-83 doesnot have a headphone either
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                • May 2008

You could run a headphone amp out of the Aux outs in either balanced or RCA...
                Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• planitismetal
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                  Rebel Man

I went and tried the SSP-800 again yesterday and yes I can't wait until they make the upgrade so I can buy one.

I had my Denon AH-D7000 with me as I wanted to hear the music without the room but was disapointed since I could not plug it in the SSP-800!!! No headset plug!!!

Any idea how to plug in a headphone into the SSP-800?

Thanks for the help. My source an Oppo BDP-83 doesnot have a headphone either

I had the same problem... Problem solved with Musical Fidelity XCANv8 connected to SSP-800 with RCA cables to AUX1 AUX2, and with help from Tom (Classe), the configurations:

"You should set up the configuration for your head phone amp by pressing:
                  MENU/ SYSTEM SET UP / CONFIGURATION (select the desired configuration from 1 - 6) / SPEAKERS / AUX CHANNELS / DOWNMIX VARIABLE
                  This will allow you to control the headphone volume using the SSP-800.
                  If your headphone amp has a built in volume control you should set the aux channels to DOWNMIX FIXED which will feed line level into your headphones. PLEASE NOTE THAT LINE LEVEL IS VERY LOUD AND YOU SHOULD REDUCE THE VOLUME ON YOUR HEADPHONES TO THE MINIMUM LEVEL WHEN FIRST LISTENING
                  If you are using multiple configurations and want to use the headphone amp with all of them, you should repeat this process with all your configurations.
                  If you are using a single configuration, you should ensure that this configuration is applied to every input that you want to listen to. To do this press:
                  MENU / SYSTEM SET UP/ INPUT (if necessary advance to the correct input by pressing NEXT INPUT)/ CONFIGURATION and then select the correct configuration."

Comment

• sikoniko
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by planitismetal
                    I had the same problem... Problem solved with Musical Fidelity XCANv8 connected to SSP-800 with RCA cables to AUX1 AUX2, and with help from Tom (Classe), the configurations:

MENU/ SYSTEM SET UP / CONFIGURATION (select the desired configuration from 1 - 6) / SPEAKERS / AUX CHANNELS / DOWNMIX VARIABLE
                    If your headphone amp has a built in volume control you should set the aux channels to DOWNMIX FIXED which will feed line level into your headphones. PLEASE NOTE THAT LINE LEVEL IS VERY LOUD AND YOU SHOULD REDUCE THE VOLUME ON YOUR HEADPHONES TO THE MINIMUM LEVEL WHEN FIRST LISTENING
                    If you are using multiple configurations and want to use the headphone amp with all of them, you should repeat this process with all your configurations.
                    If you are using a single configuration, you should ensure that this configuration is applied to every input that you want to listen to. To do this press:
                    MENU / SYSTEM SET UP/ INPUT (if necessary advance to the correct input by pressing NEXT INPUT)/ CONFIGURATION and then select the correct configuration."
                    I added this to the tip thread. thanks!
                    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• planitismetal
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by sikoniko
                      I added this to the tip thread. thanks!
                      Thanks goes to TOM (Classe)... Simply the best!!!

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by planitismetal

I plan to use the AUX for all house Audio so I guess I am out of luck since it seems I won't be able to do both

- 7.2 Home Theater
                        - 2 Distribution Audio
                        So again I have to chose

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                          • May 2008

I plan to use the AUX for all house Audio so I guess I am out of luck since it seems I won't be able to do both

- 7.2 Home Theater
                          - 2 Distribution Audio
                          So again I have to chose
                          Just use a y splitter...
                          Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• wettou
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                            Just use a y splitter...
                            a Y splitter where?

Comment

• Nolan B
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Sep 2005

It's nice to be back, thanks SG... opps Rob.

Hey wettou, the review will be posted in three parts, possibly three threads because of the length and will cover 2CH, MCH and REQ respectively. Each category will address standalone performance, comparitive performance and the strengths and weakness of each feature and/or capability. It should make for some interesting discussions. There were some technical difficulties that have delayed me from posting the first and second parts. That will be explained when the review is posted next week.

:

I dont mean to be pushy..

Comment

• wettou
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by Vancouver
                                : I dont mean to be pushy..

Only a few more days :B

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                  • May 2008

a Y splitter where?
                                  Off the Aux outs...one goes to your headphone amp, the other to your other room system...
                                  Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                                    Off the Aux outs...one goes to your headphone amp, the other to your other room system...
                                    that won't damage the SSP-800! I thought you needed two channels 8O

Comment

• beden1
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Oct 2006

that won't damage the SSP-800! I thought you needed two channels 8O
                                      You'd need two Y-adaptors.

Comment

• wettou
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • May 2006

Originally posted by beden1
                                        You'd need two Y-adaptors.
                                        Can you use balanced?

Comment

• wettou
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • May 2006

Then that may be a new feature of the SSP-800. While it reports the sampling rate (sr) it doesn't report the quantization. Maybe when the new DSP board is ready Classe' can/will add it for a more complete picture of the datastream.
                                          REBEL MAN How about that review any time now :W

Comment

• beden1
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Oct 2006

Can you use balanced?
                                            Yes, I use a balanced splitter in my setup.

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                              • Dec 2008

Quick snap I took a while back....still need to fab cabling (using old Tara Labs for 2ch so far). And Panny DMP-B55 has been replaced by Oppo BDP-83.

Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                                              Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                                              B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                                              Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                                              Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• btf1980
                                                • Aug 2007

Awesome setup Hedgehog! Interesting configuration with the rack of silence. Never seen them done that way.
                                                A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                                  • Dec 2002

My rack is finished.

pictures will follow
                                                  Last edited by Blue-Eyes; 28 June 2009, 16:33 Sunday.
                                                  ------------------------------------------------------
                                                  Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• style
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Feb 2006

Hi Blue-Eyes,

look's good.
                                                    what do you have used for the black-basis (material)?

well if you have a hooby center in your home ok, but if I must go with the design and made b domand will be very exoensive!!!

for the over "floor"? -> premapli,...?

Goed werk, :T groeten Omar

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                                      • Dec 2002

I used MDF, 5 plates, solid metal.
                                                      No hobby center, only professionals. I designed it and build it. Painting, sawing, etc. by professionals.

2 racks, in total 5 levels.

A link to a dutch side with al the pictures, the plans, the ideas, etc. etc. The pictures will tell enough if the dutch language is to hard

You also see that I found a part of my idea on this forum, in this thread.
                                                      But made it more like the original Classé rack.

Comment

• artv4
                                                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
                                                        My rack is finished. For now two teasers, better and more pics will follow.

man that is bad *ss!!!! simple and so unique!!!!!
                                                        GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• Armbender
                                                          • Jul 2005

those stands are awesome..wish the directions were in english...lol
                                                          Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• LexiconLogan
                                                            • Apr 2009

Respect B-E

Comment

• style
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Feb 2006

Hoi Blue-Eyes,

maar de rack is gekopt! ik heb niet so een kit gezijn?

U heft de zojuist geassembleerd ?! klopt?

met autocad in 3D basis original Classe (oude rack, niet de Solidsteel)
                                                              je hebt zoals original kopiert en later montier?
                                                              waar kan ik kopen een meer? ops:
                                                              Style

lekker moi rack!

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                                                • Dec 2002

I almost understand your dutch

I didn't bought it, I made it by myself and some constructors who I gave some orders to make some stuff for me.

Schema:
                                                                - pre design in Visio
                                                                - real design in Autocad (not a copy from Classé, totally designed by myself)
                                                                - Shaping MDF / prepairing MDF / several times painting the MDF
                                                                - Shaping stainless steel pillars (?) (round 40mm, several lengths)
                                                                - Shaping stainless steel for spikes
                                                                - Shaping stainless steel fot the pieces on top

I can post some pictures if needed for better explanation, or I can make some additional pictures if you like. Just tell me for what thing I should take additional pictures.

These racks are not for sale, I don't have intentions for making some more.
                                                                I took me 6 weeks (mostly waiting time) and on or about 1750 dollars (costprice).

You're number 5 asking me to build this rack
                                                                Last edited by Blue-Eyes; 22 June 2009, 16:05 Monday.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                                                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by style

Hoi Blue-Eyes,

maar de rack is gekopt! ik heb niet so een kit gezijn?
                                                                  Het rack is gekocht? Ik heb nog nooit een dergelijke zelfbouwpakket gezien?

U heft de zojuist geassembleerd ?! klopt?
                                                                  U heeft het rack zojuist inelkaar gezet, klopt dat?

met autocad in 3D basis original Classe (oude rack, niet de Solidsteel)
                                                                  met Autocad in 3D, met als basis het originele Classe ontwerp (het oude rack, niet de Solidsteel)

je hebt zoals original kopiert en later montier?
                                                                  je hebt het origineel gekopieerd en later in elkaar gezet?

waar kan ik kopen een meer? ops:
                                                                  Waar kan ik er een kopen?

Style

lekker moi rack!
                                                                  Erg mooi rack!
                                                                  Some corrections in bold

Comment

• style
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Feb 2006

Bedankt Blue-Eyes,

in Switzerland is not easy find a echte dutch man!
                                                                    in germany is for me more easy :B

I work for a Nederland bedrijf in Switzerlnad and my "collega" are almost from
                                                                    Frisland ....
                                                                    "Praten" is better as writen...Beste Man :B :B

Dus, you go send my a 3 floor stand or will be easy that I come in NL?
                                                                    moet ik een losafspraak hebben or niet?

the "rear" from your system is too selfbuild or? (where you have the plasma)

thx style

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Dec 2002

There a lot of dutch guys working in Suise. But never heard of Frisians :P (weird people, want to have there own state ).

It's a LCD, and yes, It is also build by myself. It's holding two drawers (moving sideways) filled with 500 DVD's.

Are you serious about having the same rack?
                                                                      Wich Classé equipment do you have?

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Dec 2002

wrong text
                                                                        Last edited by Blue-Eyes; 28 June 2009, 16:33 Sunday.

Comment

• style
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Feb 2006
                                                                          • 1562

Hoi Blue-Eyes,

yes I mean so one!!

I have a Classe CA5200, SSP800.
                                                                          For the cd I'm a very HT fans: Pioneer Lx91 and Denon3800bd: Kuro 60" :T
                                                                          Of course B&W serie 8.

where do you are placed in NL? ops:

groeten Style

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Dec 2002
                                                                            • 162

I live near Amsterdam, 60 km's.

I count 4 pieces of equipment, you'll need 4 levels.
                                                                            Or one EV rack and a rack for the SSP800, CD and BD

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Dec 2002
                                                                              • 162

And the promised picture:

Comment

• LexiconLogan
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Apr 2009
                                                                                • 25

happy..
                                                                                Attached Files

Comment

• Maverick71
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • Nov 2006
                                                                                  • 94

Originally posted by HedgeHog
                                                                                  Quick snap I took a while back....still need to fab cabling (using old Tara Labs for 2ch so far). And Panny DMP-B55 has been replaced by Oppo BDP-83.

Great setup HedgeHog!

A couple of questions: what APC models are you using? Do you have all your gear connected to them, power amp included?

I'm asking this because I'm considering the same but a bit reluctant due to the power demands of the Classé amp and the ability of the APC's to respond to that demand.

Thank you!

Mav

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • Aug 2003
                                                                                    • 2299

Originally posted by Maverick71
                                                                                    Great setup HedgeHog!

A couple of questions: what APC models are you using? Do you have all your gear connected to them, power amp included?

I'm asking this because I'm considering the same but a bit reluctant due to the power demands of the Classé amp and the ability of the APC's to respond to that demand.

Thank you!

Mav
                                                                                    I have an APC S-15. I was watching a movie one night when a breaker popped. I didn't realize it popped, but I did hear a noise. I went about watching the movie for another 30 mins before the battery ran out of juice.

At the time, I had the following powered:
                                                                                    SSP-800
                                                                                    CA-5100
                                                                                    Cable Box (always runs)
                                                                                    PS3
                                                                                    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Dec 2008
                                                                                      • 241

Thx Mav,

The lower unit is the APC S15 UPS and the upper unit is the APC H15 power conditioner. I run everything that has a memory setting through the S15 (Oppo BDP-83, Classe SSP-800, and Motorola DCT-3416 HDPVR). The CA-5200 amp also goes through there since it has a higher rating. The H15 conditions the power for my Sony CDP-707ESD and JL F113 sub.

I also considered running the amp direct (since Classe claims to have a nice power circuit inside already) but I didn't get a chance to run a separate power circuit so I'd rather condition what power is being split amongst everything. I noticed the two units' relays click now and then during louder passages.

Having said that, even with a separate power circuit, I'd probably still run the amp through the conditioner/UPS just to be safe.

Cheers,
                                                                                      -Hedge

Originally posted by Maverick71
                                                                                      Great setup HedgeHog!

Thank you!

Mav
                                                                                      Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                                                                                      Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                                                                                      B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                                                                                      Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                                                                                      Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• Maverick71
                                                                                        Member
                                                                                        • Nov 2006
                                                                                        • 94

Thank you both!

So in your opinion there's no compromise in sound quality by running the power through the UPS/conditioner? My setup is similar to yours (SSP-800, CA5200, JLAudio F112, PS3 and the BDP83-not yet, but soon-).

I haven't inquired them yet but I suspect those APC models aren't available for 240v european market. Nonetheless I'd like to purchase those or similar from other brands if the APC's are not available.

Best regards,

Mav

Comment

• style
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Feb 2006
                                                                                          • 1562

Hallo Mav,

I dont have nothing as conditioner/UPS ....

In europa the Rotel "gears" ae not in catalog and the APC is too not avaïlable....

But I dont will connect my CA5200 to the power ampli....the pre, the plasma,
                                                                                          OK but the coditioner change the dinamyc from the power ampli!
                                                                                          I have always the power ampli direct to the socket ....and Classe have always say that the power ampli dont muss do in a "brake" attaccedt...

well, is true that in europa we don't have so problem with the electricity.....

Style

Comment

• Maverick71
                                                                                            Member
                                                                                            • Nov 2006
                                                                                            • 94

Hi Style, thanks for your comments.

Yes, I confirmed, those APC models aren't available for the European market, unfortunately. I tried to find something similar but I only found products from Furman that seam more expensive.

Mav

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"