X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex Prosak
    • Jan 2003

New Model Feature

Does anyone know if the forthcoming model will support video upconversion from composite and s-video to component? If it isn't planned at this time I think it would be a great feature for Rotel to consider implementing.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That's a good question...I haven't heard if thats going to be available or not...I'll pass it along though

Comment

• jaakan
      • Dec 2002

Build in good video processing/upconversion is a costly feature but Rotel is good with pricing just look at the RSP 1066

I am just hoping for Firewire and Balanced ouput like the Sunfire pre/pro TP III. side note - The first batch of Sunfire pre/pro TP III did not have firewire.

From Rotel
      "While the relative importance of firewire is known to us, it is not possible to say when our line may include that connection. Also, I am not aware of any plan to offer firewire as an upgrade to the RSP 1066. To my knowledge, there is no signal available from a firewire connection that cannot already be used with the current RSP 1066 design in a more conventional format. Firewire is not yet a default connection, so much as one of convenience. As firewire becomes more prevalent, Rotel will certainly meet the demands of the market."

Did you see the "with the current RSP 1066 design" part, my guess Rotel could have another version of the 1066 coming out after his big bro, if they had the need to.

Since Rotel is a "as the market demands" company, we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"