X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brent
    • Jan 2002

Can't record via analogue.

I have owned my silver 1066 firmware 1.37 since the end of July and am very happy with it's performance, but just recently discovered that it won't record thru the analogue section. I can record to my Mini Disc via the optical. But I want to convert my Lp's to MD and no go. I have the Turntable's phono preamp hooked into the Rotel's tuner input, I have also tried the Cd input, and can get no signal to the MD. If I go girectly from the Phono preamp to the MD I can rercord, so I know the MD is working fine. I believe I have navigated the menu properly but I may be missing something so thought I would toss this out to you guys to mull over before I take it in for warranty work.
  • jerohm
    • Oct 2002

If your MD is hooked to your 1066 ONLY via digital cables, you are going to have problems (i.e., you can't do it). The 1066 will not take analog input and provide a digital output (NO a2d). You should have no problem passing a digital CD signal to the MD however. This condition is not all that unusual for preamps that deal with both analog and digital signals. If you are going to record LPs to MDs, you are going to have to rely on the MD's analog inputs for recording (unless you have some other means of converting an analog signal to digital. :cry:

Comment

• Brent
      • Jan 2002

I guess I didn't mention it but I do indeed have the MD hooked up using both analoge and optical. that is why I am thinking it is either a hardware issue or I am missing something in the menus'. 8) I also made unhooked the LD players optical and used analogue only just to make suer the Rotel wouldn't default to the digital in.

Comment

• eelco74
        • Dec 2002

perhaps this is too stupid to mention ,

but with my Sony JA-20ES as well as my Denon DMD-F100, you must select the input signal via a switch. Have you set it to analogue in stead of digital ?

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
        Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
        Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Brent
          • Jan 2002

I take it you mean the selector switch on the MD, and yes I adjusted it accordingly.

Comment

• Dre J
            • Aug 2002

Brent,

In order to record Analog signals, you need to have the minidisk analog input connected to the outputs of Video 1,2,3 or Tape output.

Next, you need to select the input you want to record. This can be done three ways:

1) By bringing up the OSD and going to the "OTHER" menu and selecting the proper input in the "record" selection. If it's the Tuner input you are using for the Phono preamp, That is what you select to place in the "Record" selection.

or

2) Press the "REC" button on the RSP-1066 front panel. This must be followed by pressing the proper input on the RSP-1066 front panel to send to the record output. Again, if your input is the "TUNER" you press the tuner button RSP-1066 front panel within 5 seconds of pressing the "REC" button.

or

3) Pressing the "ZONE" button on the REMOTE followed by the input you want to record. Again, if your input is the "TUNER" you press the tuner button on the REMOTE within 5 seconds of pressing the "REC" button.

Hope this helps
            Dre

My little corner of the world

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"

Comment

• Brent
              • Jan 2002

Dre. That's what I think I am missing thanks, I thought it was in the menue somewhere, I will do some recording tomorrow morning and let you guys know how it goes. 8)

Comment

• Brent
                • Jan 2002

Got it working. It was an improper choice in the "Other" menu.
                Thanks Dre.

Comment

• Dre J
                  • Aug 2002

No problem,

Glad it helped.

Dre

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"