X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poul
    • Dec 2002

1055 Tone Control

G'Day you mob,

Let me first say, being new to Rotel gear and new to this forum, what a great help it is to have forums like this with people being happy to share their experiences and give advise to us mere mortals. Living on one of Australias last frontiers (Darwin), the forums are invaluable as in most cases I have to buy my HT gear based on specs and experiences and reviews posted on these forums. So, good on ya, people!

Having just recevied my first piece of Rotel equipment, a RSX-1055, I am very impressed with its sound quality and its wealth of features. Having always been a Marantz person, I must say that on the recevier front the 1055 is a big step up - I still love my PM80SE which drives the front speakers.

Enough of that, I have a question regarding the tone controls of the 1055:

I am able to adjust the tone levels through the OSD, however, the manual states that I should be able to adjust the tone levels directly through using the SHIFT button on the remote to toggle between Bass and Treble and then use the UP and DOWN keys to adjust the tone levels. I can't get this to work. The SHIFT button does being up the Bass and Treble indicators on the 1055's display but the Up and Down buttons don't do anything. Am I not doing this correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, the software version on the 1055 is 2.2.2.

Regards
    Poul
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Work's as described on my 1066, shift alternates between BASS and TREBLE then up/down changes it..

Might be a bug in that firmware on the 1055??

Kevin D.

Comment

• Poul
      • Dec 2002

Thanks for the reply. Problem sorted: Looks like the function only works with the OSD icon off - DUH!

Poul

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"