X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdecker
    • Jun 2002

RB-1070 is in the house...

...and it's still in the box until Christmas. I'm really looking forward to the holidays now.

Should mate well with my Klipsch KG 5.2's.

Anyone else using this amp?

Earle
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Congrats Earle! Let us know how Santa did! :B

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• sdecker
      • Jun 2002

Lex,

I can finally use my 1055 as a preamp. The 1070 will power the R/L and my 985mkII will power the rest.

Ill post a review of the amp sometime after the holidays, but Im sure I'll be happy.

The new question is whats next?

Earle

Comment

• Lee
        • Oct 2002

sdecker: Why don't you try to use the 1055 channels to do a passive bi-amp? I know Andrew does it.. so you might want to ask him. I'm sure it'll sound alittle better then even now..

Comment

• sdecker
          • Jun 2002

Lee,

My speakers are not biwirable. I dont really understand what yoiu mean by passive biamping.

Earle

Comment

• gyusher
            • Dec 2002

I also use a 985THX mk2 to push 5 NHT Super Ones and a 981 (last years 1070) to drive my SVS 2039. I have used the 981 to do other things, sometimes I get my numbers turned around but it seems to me that a 1070 is a 981 with a remote trigger and Rotels heat sink looking front face plate. I know this the 981 listed for 6 bucks 5 years ago and is still bringing 4 used, I know of no other amp that can do that. . .
            BTW which Fidek amp are you using with your 2039?? I am using 1 side of my 981 for the sub and I would like to put it to better use.

Comment

• sdecker
              • Jun 2002

gyusher,

I have the 600 watt Fidek(300X2), I did the fan fix and I then put the amp in a crawl space so that the fan noise is a non issue.

I agree with you about the amp, The 1070 is a much better sounding amp than the 985mkII. The KG 5.2's, even crossed over at 60hz, have more weight to them. Do you have to open the 981 up and move the jumpers, to bridge it?

I gonna get some decent interconnects for the amp-preamp after the holidays. Might try some inexpensive MIT cables.

Earle

Comment

• sdecker
                • Jun 2002

It's very good. The 1070 amp is a better amp than the 985MKII, IMHO.

Not quite sure how to describe the sound. Music now sounds bigger than it did with just the 985.

More to come....

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by sdecker
                  It's very good. The 1070 amp is a better amp than the 985MKII, IMHO.

Not quite sure how to describe the sound. Music now sounds bigger than it did with just the 985.

More to come....
                  I have the same equipment, and I can only agree.

------------------------------------------------------
                  Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!
                  ------------------------------------------------------
                  Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"