X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

Difference RB 991/993 and 1080

Whats the difference between the RB 991 and RB 1080. Sometimes it`s said that it is aonly the trigger but is this really true?

At the moment I have a 985MK2 driving Fornt/Center and Rear. Surround Back is driven by an old amp and i want the 985 to dirve center and rear and a seperate amp for the fronts. (B&W 9NT)

What would you recommend?

Is there a difference in sound quality between 993 and 991? They are almost the same price when sold via Ebay for example.

Thanks a lot.

Left forum because sold Rotel gear
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)
  • Homma
    • Dec 2002

I have a 1080 and a 993 and I feel that there is a big diffrent in sound quality between them. The 1080 has much more accuracy for the bass and it just sound a lot better.
    I haven't listened to the 991 but I taked to my local dealer about it when I was listening to the RSP-1066 and he said that the 1080 was a big improvement.

Comment

• Mats
      Special Member
      • Jun 2000

I heard that the RB 1090 can be too much.

Ist this true? What in connection with B&W 9NT?

By the way 1 reply and 100 views. Does nobody know something about the difference between 991 and 1080?

Left forum because sold Rotel gear
      Mats
      Mats Strömberg
      Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
      Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
        • Dec 2002

I've choosen for the 1070 and 985mk2. I never heard the 1080, and it was above my budget for now.

The 1070 gives everything i want. Maybe it is for you a solution, and much cheaper then a 1080.

My question: how does the 1070 sound in comparisation to the 1080? Is it worth the double price? And the same question, but then 2 1070's (mono) against the 1080 (2 1070's are equal in price with 1 1080 in the Netherlands)

------------------------------------------------------
        Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!
        ------------------------------------------------------
        Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• sdecker
          • Jun 2002

I second the 1070. Its great amp. Since I use Klipsch speakers the 1080 really wasnt needed.

Earle

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"