X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Curtis Douglas
    • Nov 2002

I just bought my first Rotel Equip.

I went today and picked up RSP-1066 and an RMB-1095. I am very excited. I got silver and I absolutely love it. I also got a Sub. It is a Paradigm Servo-15.
    I upgraded from a Yamaha RS-V2200.
    I have B&W 604's, LCR 600, and 602's all S3.
    StraightWire Rhapsody S Speaker Cable on the mains and center channel.
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

Congrats. With the 1066/1095 you're really in for a treat in hometheater. Let us know wonderfull your HT life has become.

Comment

• MuShu007
      • Jun 2002

Congratulations also on your purchase! ENJOY!

Mike

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Congrats! Also welcome to the forum, yet another proud Rotel owner.

You guys are really doing a great job over here in Rotelville.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

Wow!!! That's is tres impressive. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Make sure you do a full review now.

Keith
          Keith

Comment

• Dalton
            • Nov 2002

I just purchased the 1066/1075 combo. I have the processor but the amp hasn't come in yet. I currently have it hooked up to Carver a705x THX 5 ch. amp and a Rotel RB981 2 ch. amp and the sound is unbelievable! Can't wait for the 1075! Big step up over any receiver i have tried(and that is alot)! I did have a problem though. My 1066's front panel will not come on no matter what i do. I called my dealer and he is gonna swap it out when I get the 1075 on tuesday(has some 1066's coming in). I had to set everything up using the onscreen display. It still sounds awesome though. I look forward to getting a unit where the front panel disply works.

Dalton

Comment

• LEVESQUE
              • Oct 2002

Congrats Curtis!

I was in your shoes 1 month ago. Went from a Yamaha RX-V3200 (not far from the RX-V2200), and I don't believe the difference in sound. Wow.

I use the RSP-1066+RMB-1095+RB-1050 with a Servo-15, 4 Studio-40, 1 Studio-CC and 2 Studio-20. I'm in musical nirvana!

8)
              To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Curtis Douglas
                • Nov 2002

Well now that I have got over 100 hrs on the new equipment and new Straightwire Encore II Interconnects I thought that I would let you guys know that the difference in sound through both clarity detail, and control between the Rotel and the Yamaha is even more astounding than I thought it would be.
                I knew that there would be a huge difference just getting a Sub but the Rotel sounds so much smoother and better I am finding myself wanting to go and buy music and movies.
                I also have a Sony DVP-9000 which has SACD on it and I was wondering if the majority out there has SACD or DVD Audio and thier opinions. I bought Aerosmiths' "Just Push Play" on SACD. I do not have enough hours on those cables to give you an honest opinion.

Thanks for the welcome
                Thanks to those who made and maintain this site.

Comment

• John Styrnol
                  • Nov 2002

I just joined the Rotel Club yesterday. I picked up a 2 channel system: RB-1080, RC-1070, RCD-1070 in silver and a pair of B&W CDM 9NTs. I should be getting everything by next weekend. Can't wait. I should also be getting an excellent deal on some Tara Labs wire's.

John

My Home Theater
                  My Home Page
                  John

My Home Theater
                  My Home Page

Comment

• greggz
                    • Jun 2002

Curtis,

also have a Sony DVP-9000 which has SACD on it and I was wondering if the majority out there has SACD or DVD Audio and thier opinions.
                    I've got both -- SACD from a Sony 500v and DVD-A from a Panasonic RP82. Personally I like SACD better. In fact, I recently sold the only two DVD-A discs I had bought (Queen and The Blueman Group) because I didnt feel like switching all the cables back and forth.

If you are interested in some suggestions of recommended SACD's, here are few of my current favorites:

Bucky Pizzarelli - Swing Live (note: 4 channel mix, no center)

Kunzel & Cinci Pops - Music of the Beatles

Spyro Gyra - In Modern Times

Herbie Handcock - Head Hunters

Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Christmas

The type of music probably plays a big role in which format most people prefer. I like jazz, classical, and eclectic music. There is more of that on SACD. DVD-A has a lot more rock and roll.

Availablity can be important too. Best Buy has a pretty good selection of DVD-A's. For SACD, its pretty slim pickin's unless you have a Tower Records in town. If not, next best place is online at www.elusivedisc.com.

Gregg
                    Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• fyonn
                      • Nov 2002

I too have recently joined club rotel. going from owning no rotel gear, to owning 2 items in the space of a week. ont a pre/pro and amp combo howeber, but a pre/pro and cd payer combo. I needed both and itjust so happened that rotel was my best option for both. I was originally trying to get a teac vrds20 cd player off teac as an exdem but I think there were trying to palm off some b-grade stock on me as I got 2 and neither worked. nyways, I got my money back off them and found a rotel 991ae cd player in a local shop on thesecond hand pile. I bought it that day and it's a wonderful cd player, big beggar too.

then there was the pre/pro. truth is I really wanted the tag av32r but I just couldn't stretch to even a second hand one. then OI saw the rotel at the manchester hifi show a few months ago and realised that this I could afford and gave me virtually everything the more expensive tag did with the added benefit that I might beable to afford it.

a week later I found a sony TA-N9000es 5ch power amp in a local shop for 300GBP so I borrwed that for a week to use with my pioneer vsa-e07 integrated amp so hear the difference. the first thing I thought when I tired it was "hey, whats the noise, oh, that would be bass". having realised that I was going to be keeping he big sony I realised that I oght to sell the pioneer on ebay and get a dedicated surrond sound pre/pro and the rotel was the natural one to get, and I've not been dissappointed.

now I'e discovered that my father has a spare pair of small speakers that I can use as centre back's so I just need to find a cheap amp somewhere to drive them and I can go for the full 7.1. I'm really not prepared to spend very much on it (I've spent too much on hifi recently really, what with a cd player, pre and power amp).

anyways, thats my story

dave

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"